Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Easy Star or Sky Scooter Pro 2?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Easy Star or Sky Scooter Pro 2?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Redwoodflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy Star or Sky Scooter Pro 2?

I am newish to the fine sport of electric rc and have been practicing with a Firebird Scout recently, and feel about ready to move up to a slightly more challenging plane that offers greater performance. I have heard fond reports on both the Easy Star and the Sky Scooter Pro 2 - which one should I get? I am looking to grow into some aerobatics and want a plane that is tough enough to handle my learning curve, as well as one that I can upgrade to brushless and other such things in the future (if the plane survives). Thanks.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:47 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

Default RE: Easy Star or Sky Scooter Pro 2?

REDWOOD...since you are looking to upgrade to brushless with your next plane sometime in the future..I feel the sky scooter is perfect..ecspecially since you say you are ready for some acrobatics..if it werent for these 2 reasons..then i would say the easy star or the t-hawk would be a better option...the sky scooter pro2 is one of the { if not the most} most succesful foam planes ever..the first version of it was a disaster,,the 2nd version they got it right..
Old 01-24-2005, 10:33 PM
Redwoodflyer

Thanks, Music Publisher. Just curious - what is it about the Easy Star in particular that you like? Can the Sky Scooter be flown in a smaller space than the Easy Star? From videos I have seen the Scooter is very maneuverable.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:47 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

I think the sky scooter pro2..is the best value 3 channel RTF acrobatic/aerilon plane out there..niot only does it do 20-25 moh out of the box,,,but can perfomr many acrobatics..along with comuig with a 72mhz radio system...all for under $140...and you can use the radio system in other planes..with noe fear of it malfunctioning like some of the other 27mhz toy tranxcmistters,,that often come with the rtf packages.. I think the t-hawk is the best valued begginer rtf...never had an easy star..so cant really comment...
Old 01-24-2005, 10:54 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

since you want to go brushless eventually..I think the sky scooter is your best option..ecspecially for the money..and you get the good 72 mhz tx...I juast put a himaxx 2812-1080 direct drive brsuhless in my scooter..it doubled in speed..while having good torque for climbuing/ and some vertical...if you get the scooter..read the HUGE thrwead on here titeld..sky-scooter pro2..it has all the info you need...
Old 01-24-2005, 10:58 PM
Redwoodflyer

Thanks for the info. The Sky Scooter sounds / looks like the one. What battery pack do you recommend for the Scooter and what flight times do you get with it? Can I use a Lipo in this plane with the stock set up?
Old 01-24-2005, 11:16 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

your best most inexpensive initail upgrade is to go with the 8cell nimh 1600 radio sahck battery pack..$15..you will get a good 12 minutes of WOT flying with this...like I said..read the scooter thread on thsi forum...it will take you a few hours..but it has all the info you need...the `1 modifivcation you must make to the scooter before its 1st flight is to make 2 small vents for the motor to ventialte..very quick and easy...the plane weighs 11ozs..and with battery pack{ nimh 8cell} its total weight is 19 0zs..with a 3 cell lipo..it would bring the wight down to around 15 ozs..so you would get even facter longer flights if you go that route...and if you veentually get the brusghless setup I got...{ himaxx 2812-1080/phoenix 25 esc/ 9x5 gws H.D prop } it will cost you ariound $110..but you will doublt the speed of the scooter..and be abl to do away with the 3:1 gearbox,,without any loss of performance...
Old 01-24-2005, 11:17 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

actually..I think the scooter weighs 11.8 ozs..to be exaxct..lol..
Old 01-24-2005, 11:43 PM
Redwoodflyer

Thank you Music Publisher. Thanks to you I think I've found the plane I have been looking for!