Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Slo-V Wing Position

Old 02-02-2005, 06:48 PM
tjl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slo-V Wing Position

A question for all you Slo-V experts out there.

What position do you place the wing adjustment in when you fly outdoors?

Thanks,

Tom
Old 02-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Rat1

Default RE: Slo-V Wing Position

I personally like mine all the way back and I also use the 7 cell ParkZone battery that is used in the J3 cub. it is one of the upgrade recomendations int he Slo V manual. Also install a GWS 1180 prop. This will help you fight sudden breezes and will allow you to fly with less throttle.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:08 PM
dribbe

Middle to back is best for most pilots, and outdoors. It is more stable toward the back.

Wing forward is nice indoors or when it is very calm. It takes much more careful trimming, but you can make it cruise around indoors very slowly at partial throttle in this position!

D Ribbe
Old 02-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Fisher

As you can see, you can run with the wing in just about any position. Moving in back makes the plane nose heavy so you have to give it more throttle or up elevator to climb. But in a wind it is more stable since you do not get as much unexpected lift from the breeze. Moving the wing forward makes the plane tail heavy thus catching more air. Dribbe gave a good set of conditions to consider for each position. Fly it some and you will start to see what happens as you make changes. Nothing like experience to tell you what works best.