Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

ipo from b-b-q-skewers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 09:48 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ipo from b-b-q-skewers?

the bamboo kind.. can it be done ya think?

I have some soaking now and some bent and drying now to find out if I can make a frame for one... what did you make your homeade IFO from??..........Rog
Old 09-09-2002, 01:37 PM
Otaku

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bamboo

been scratch building this one for a few weeks. mostly all bamboo and balsa for the ribs.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	25124_13932.gif
Views:	7
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	15972  
Old 09-09-2002, 10:00 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default looks good

now,whats it gonna be? and when are you gonna quit smokin?
Old 09-10-2002, 03:29 AM
Otaku

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default havent got a clue

working on the vert/hori. stabs now, im thinking a piper cub styled slowflyer. Im planing on using a rewound cd-rom drive motor and some fabrication for a mount. This is only a prototype and hopefully if it flys nicely ill build another more elegantly. Next one will also be sans a paint job, for the black that is on it now was put on after a friend coaxed me to it. trim a lil weight here, a little there, should be nice by its second form. I think I might increase wingspan/area and square out the fuse a little better for the next model.

I used to be into the hobby alot when I was younger. My father is a master scratchbuilder and I learned alot from him. Since ive gotten back into the hobby after an 8 year lack of interest (read: funding) now I have to buy all the tools, and equipment I once had all over again. This is a good thing cause its making me remember how much fun it is. Now that I have a new co-pilot, already in love with aircraft (born june 1st, 2001) its gonna be alot more fulfilling.

as for the smokes, they are in the pic for scale purposes, and im a very light smoker. I might smoke a pack in a week....but more then that when I gotta cut ribs by hand as im not privy to some of you guy's yummy looking homemade cnc's. HECK I dont even have a decent sized workbench yet.