Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Crazy Max flaperons

Old 09-13-2002, 03:51 AM
mikekomm
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy Max flaperons

We are setting up our Crazy Max with dual aileron servos. We have a Hitec Eclipse Radio and Hitec 555 receiver. This receiver has only 5 channels. Can we use the flaperon option with this receiver or do we need to get an 8 channel receiver?
Old 09-16-2002, 03:38 PM
Bill Germanson
My Feedback: (4)

I had the same question and spent some time thinking about it. Here's where I got to:

I use a Futaba 6XA transmitter. I can set up dual ailerons (and flaperons) using channel 1 and 6 so I need at least a 6 channel receiver. I then thought about the fact that my computer radio has mixing so it would let me do master/slave between other channels but...

1 = ailerons
2 = elevator
3 = throttle
4 = rudder
5 = landing gear
6 = aileron

5 is a on/off switch. Only choice would be not using #4 rudder and go from there but with acro plane you gotta have the rudder.

My answer is. Got to have a six channel receiver....

There are other Hitec receivers like the Slim that is not much more than the 555 and it is a 7 channel or 8 with a 'Y' harness'. That's where I'm going. The Futaba RF127DF won't fit even with the case off.

- Bill
Old 09-26-2002, 04:15 PM
ncrego
My Feedback: (40)

Yes, you can, Hitec has their radios using channels 1 and 5 for ailerons/flaperons. I'm using a Hitec Flash 5x with an FMA Extreme 5 receiver on my Zero with flaperons.
Old 10-06-2002, 08:13 PM
board724

you could buy one of those nifty 6 ch. electron receivers that hi-tec is making now. im sure you could do flaperons with that. good luck. maybe ill see you around the field sometime. ; )