Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Skywave on the way, hop-ups needed

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Skywave on the way, hop-ups needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 12:35 PM
GotCoffee66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skywave on the way, hop-ups needed

I just ordered a Skywave from tower and a couple extra 8.4V 1100mAH batteries from e-bay. What hop ups should I get or any other tricks for this bird?
Can it be launched from the ground?
Old 04-16-2006, 12:03 PM
gunnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Skywave on the way, hop-ups needed

I know this is an old thread.... BUT
I have a hot bodies skywave. I did two back to back flights one time and the prop fell off! Luckily we found the prop and continued to fly it. The prop fell off again and this time it had been CA glued onto the shaft! It turns out the prop was MELTING OFF the shaft! THe motor was getting really hot. I used a hobby knife to cut open the fake airscoops on either side in front of the motor. I also drilled some holes around the motor to let the air escape. I noticed that this DRAMATICALLY IMPROVED MOTOR TEMP. Just thought I'd post this in case someone else had this same problem.

By the way... Does anyone have a glitching problem with this plane? It's noticeable when the motor is on, it will stutter every couple seconds at random. It is sort of annoying! I love flying this plane though, I'm getting very confident with my flying skills! Finally a plane that I don't crash!