Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

I need your input on a plane

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 11:52 AM
robbins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need your input on a plane

I cuurently fly a Stryker which I love, but I am now looking for a plane that is very easy and relazing to fly. I want something that will go up high, be able to glide nicely with or without power, and do big and slow turns, basically something that you can just sit in a lawn chair, relax, and fly without too much trouble. What should I get? Would a PZ J-3 Cub fit the bill?

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2005, 12:09 PM
doggscube
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: I need your input on a plane

A Slo-V or similar slow stick would be great. They can climb well with the 7-cell pack. Maybe the newer ones have the jumper to enable Li-poly use.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:40 PM
crossj_2002

Take a look at the Mountain Models Magpie. It's available with a slow flyer wing, like the cub, or a wing with ailerons, or both. Doug can also set you up with a complete package including a real Tx and electronics instead of just the cheap gear in the PZ planes. It might be a tad more expensive than the cub, but you'll have a far superior plane.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:28 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

if you want an rtf..and have a $139.00 the sky-scooter pro2 may be perfect..very stable..glides well..and can do many acrobatics..if you get bored...comes with all you need at that price too..including a 72mhx 3 channel tx/rec...
Old 03-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Fisher

I have a Slo-V and and a Stryker. The Slo-V fits your description to a tee and you can buy the parts for one and use your Stryker transmitter if you are using the stock equipment. I went the other way and it seems to work fine. Also you can use the sonic combat module, night flight module and drop module. Only thing about the Slo-V is that you can not buck much of a wind with it. But the wind doesn't blow that much at night.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:35 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

I have a Thunder Tiger Sparky. It has a nice wingspan, is powered by a geared Speed 400 and is the nice relaxing plane that I think you're looking for. It has a slightly "old-timer" look and I've gotten 15 minute flights on 8-cell 1000mah NiMh packs. I like to take it high and shut the motor down and glide for a while. Haven't caught any thermals yet but practice will make perfect.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:07 AM
Rat1

Forget any of the RTFs and purchase yourself a Hitec Flash4X or 5X radio system and a Hitec 555 dual conversion receiver. Then go to the Mountain Models.com website and click on Magpie. order up the magpie with both wings, 3 GWS naro servos, gws 350C motor, 2 6inch servo extension cables, A couple rollers of wing tape (your choice of color) if you want multiple colors then email them and Kan 650 battery pack and a charger to charge the battery pack. You will be money a head and have one of the easiest and best flying models around for one of the most resonable prices.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64903.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	242021   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78371.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	242022