Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Ultrafly Extra 300 - power problem

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Ultrafly Extra 300 - power problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 02:33 PM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultrafly Extra 300 - power problem

I have a bit of a quandry here. I have the Ultrafly Extra 300 with an FMA Super 20 esc, using the stock motor and prop and I have a Kokam 11.1v 1500 mah 3s battery hooked up to it. I turn everything on and give it full throttle and the motor spins the prop up a storm, but it doesn't give it enough force to even pull my plane forward on my table. I can have it at full throttle and walk away from my table without fear of it moving a mere inch. Anyone have any clue as to the problem? Please don't tell me to just drop the motor because others have had this plane fly with the stock motor, so obviously I don't need to put in a new SPEED 8000 SuperCrack Brushless (or whatever one you guys prefer). I've dropped about 350 bucks altogether on this plane and as of yet, it has done nothing but irritate me.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:00 PM
flyhard2

Default RE: Ultrafly Extra 300 - power problem

beardking,
could the prop be on backwards? I did that once with my cub didn't go anywhere.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:47 PM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Ultrafly Extra 300 - power problem

Well, after posing the question I got to thinking that maybe it was the prop on backward, so I promptly checked that once I got home. Switched it around and still no go. So, I had posed this question on another forum and someone suggested I check the pinion gear to see if it was loose, so I tried that. That did the trick. Obviously I hadn't gotten it to grab on well enough before (that's what I get for using incorrect sized allen wrench instead of my nice hexdrivers). Tightened it up and about blew everything on my table off the table. YAHOO. Hopefully I'll actually get this thing in the air this weekend.