Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Slo-v Prop Balancer = Clothes Hanger

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Slo-v Prop Balancer = Clothes Hanger

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 12:34 AM
computrnerd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slo-v Prop Balancer = Clothes Hanger

Thought you might be interested in a quick and dirty prop balancer. The $5.00 commercial fingertip ones are too large for these propellers.

MySlo-v came with two improperly balanced props. The motor would shake from side to side at about 1/4 throttle. To balance them, I took a thicker metal clothes hanger and straightened the top hook. I then inserted the m3 hex nuts into both sides of the prop. I then put the prop onto the hanger and let it rotate gently until it came to a stop. It was obvious that one blade was heavier. Chop off, add tape, do whatever to get the weight even. Now my motor does not shake any more. I also got some GWS 1180 props. They were balanced out of the package.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:18 AM
banks04
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slo-v Prop Balancer = Clothes Hanger

Ive been useing the top flite power point balancer for my slo-v and its a very tight fit to get the balancer shaft through the prop hole but it goes and that balancer works great.