Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

The best flying $25 r/c plane you may ever own..

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The best flying $25 r/c plane you may ever own..

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Tommyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The best flying $25 r/c plane you may ever own..

ORIGINAL: PigBoat_2

That's interesting, but I dont think I would trust eBay to ship a fragile litlle plane such as the preserver. I'd like want to find a place online that has this thing in stock! Anyone found a place yet?

PB_2

An ebay search finally shows another Aero Ace. Current bid is $1.00

Tom

Old 11-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Th3R1pp3r

They have it a Hobbytron, for $35 including Shipping:
[link]http://www.hobbytron.com/Electric-Planes-Sky-Runner.html[/link]

Old 11-27-2005, 10:27 AM
methodman

well i`ve ordered one today!!!
Old 11-27-2005, 10:36 AM
Tommyr

ORIGINAL: methodman

well i`ve ordered one today!!!

Please post your review of it eventually!

Tom
Old 11-28-2005, 03:55 PM
methodman

yup, i sure will!
Old 11-28-2005, 10:07 PM
PigBoat_2

Hey the plane that you show on HobbyTron isn't the Preserver! Here's a pic of each; the other plane is a Sky Runner and doesn't have the curved up wings like the Preserver....oh well, tell me how it flies

PB_2
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71134.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	361854   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57456.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	361855  
Old 11-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Th3R1pp3r

Yes it does, They're both the same Plane, only with different colors and Name.

There are many R/C Planes, and Helicopters, with different colors and names, but basically the same..

I saw a video of it, and it's identical to the Preserver..

Old 12-04-2005, 03:10 PM
PigBoat_2

ok fine. I guess I can see how the Runner could be an imitation of the Preserver (or vise versa). It just didn't seem so because the Preserver's wing seems to have a heck of an up curve on the wing.

ty, PB_2

p.s. can you post that video please?
Old 12-04-2005, 03:22 PM
PigBoat_2

sorry, one more thing. if anyone knows anything about the t-hawk, please help me on my post in the backyard flyers are!

ty-PB_2
Old 12-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Ziptar

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I am looking for an R/C Plane For my 8 Year Old Daughter. It's what she most wants for Christmas. I had thought about a 3 Channel Park / BackYard Flyer, I figured an Electric Model would be the best way to start her off. Crash Proof Even Better!!!!

After reading this thread I think this maybe be the perfect way to start her off, and have a little fun Myself. I am trying to figure out which would be best and most durable for my Daughter to Fly Indoor / Outdoor?? I could Spend $100 on her first Plane but, She is very interested in Flight so I don't want her getting frustrated by anything over complicated right off the bat, or having her (or me) stressed about wrecking a High $$$ Plane. These Sub $50 Flyers seem to be just the tickets to get her started, and make the learning process fun.

I Like the Features and what comes with the [link=http://www.raidentech.com/miinrerarcai.html]Sky-A40[/link], It's Leading the Pack at the moment. The [link=http://www.raidentech.com/maskysorarec.html]Sky Soldier Looks Appealing as Well. I like the "Crash Proof". [/link] Just Not Sure about Flight Time.. I found the Sky Soldier [link=http://www.tedani.com/mangos-2ch-sky-soldier-rc-plane-p-158.html]Here for $22.00 and there is a Flight Video.[/link] or Should I be looking at [link=http://www.balsapr.com/catalog/kits/microRTFView.asp?ProductId=U961390]The Preserver[/link]

Anyone Have anything to Say about the [link=http://www.wonderhobby.com/marcairetofl.html]Mars R/C Airplane Ready to Fly Radio Remote Control Warbird Plane[/link] Looks neat and pretty indestructible.

They all look like allot of fun, and for the prices I could get more than one. Any input on two which one would be best to start out an Kid thats never flown R/C before? (and a Big Kidthat hasn't either.. )

Thanks a Bunch.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:22 PM
PigBoat_2

ok zip...if I were you, I'd look at the thread called Air Hogs Aero Ace! it's a good informational forum about the well known band of Air Hogs' newest plane, the aero ace. this thing is small, 2 chanell, and easy to fly. check it out! i definately wouldn't buy a 3 channel for a novice 8 year old. they are fairly hard to control and can have lots of power. i would say either the Slo-V or the Aero Ace.

PB_2

p.s. here's the URL for the slo-v: http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ1300
Old 12-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Ziptar

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks PigBoat_2

I went to TRU last night and Got Two (one for me, becuase they look like fun. )

I got a B, and a C. They had three more on the Shelf, One is an A.

I'll probably cgo back and get 1 or two more so I have a A, B, C set and I'll have a couple to mod..

I can't believe I have to wait until Christmas to open them... [:'(]

Btw: I found a few places that sell the AeroAce online [link=http://flyingtoystore.com/air-hogs-r-c-aero-ace.html]Flying Toys[/link], [link=http://classifieds.yahoo.com/detail.html?cid=merchandise-1132960664-869648&cc=merchandise]Yahoo Classified[/link],
Old 12-17-2005, 11:30 AM
PigBoat_2

you know, I just bought one of these planes for my dad/Christmas and I opened the box to put the decals on and put batteries in the controller so he wouln't have to. the thing uses like eight batteries! would something really bad happen if I were to use ni-cad or ni-mh rechareable batteries in it instead? i'm thinking about promlems charging the plane, range problems when the plane is flying, or maybe awkward charge times...

PB_2
Old 12-18-2005, 12:08 PM
MKMotorsport

Yep, I use 2500mah nimh cells in mine. They will go "flat" sooner than alkaline batteries, but otherwise they function fine. I think they might even be a little easier on the tiny lipo because you arent hitting them with quite the 'jolt' alkaline batteries would the first few charges. Mine will fly for 12 or so minutes (Im at 8000 ft altitude) so im sure the actual charge/power isnt an issue.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:00 AM
PigBoat_2

MK, is the range affected by the rechargeables?

PB_2

P.S. you should put the city in your profile thing...
Old 12-19-2005, 01:49 AM
MKMotorsport

MK, is the range affected by the rechargeables?

PB_2

P.S. you should put the city in your profile thing...

I've never flown on anything but nimh... After 5-6 charge cycles the charge will get noticeably longer, and the range somewhat less than the first couple cycles, even so, I have no problem flying it around my acre and a half yard like this. Im in the Monument area, essentially at the top of monument hill, i sometimes make it down to the Springs to fly "real' model airplanes
Old 12-24-2005, 02:00 PM
PigBoat_2

Hey ty MK...I can't wait for my dad to open his Aero Ace tomorrow so I can mod the crap out of it...MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!!

PB_2
Old 12-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Tommyr

Hey ty MK...I can't wait for my dad to open his Aero Ace tomorrow so I can mod the crap out of it...MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!!

PB_2

Poor dad! Happy holidays and new year to all!

Tom
Old 12-26-2005, 01:02 PM
PigBoat_2

Hey Tom...couple more questions on how to mess around with my profile...you know how some guys have a cool pic underneath where it says Super Contributer? well how do i do that because i've a pretty cool pic of me flipping my kart in a race at IMI...

Going on...good maiden flight w/ the AA. it wasn't trimmed quite right and my sister wouldn't give me enough time to fully charge to battery...

PB_2
Old 12-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Tommyr

Hey Tom...couple more questions on how to mess around with my profile...you know how some guys have a cool pic underneath where it says Super Contributer? well how do i do that because i've a pretty cool pic of me flipping my kart in a race at IMI...

Going on...good maiden flight w/ the AA. it wasn't trimmed quite right and my sister wouldn't give me enough time to fully charge to battery...

PB_2

I have no idea how to add the avatar. Someone else can help you with that.

Keep playing with the rudder trim until she flys straight with no direction stick but have the trim knob centered first, then use the trim knob for very tiny adjustments once the tail rudder is trimmed. Tell your sister to lighten up too. Jeez....

Tom
Old 12-26-2005, 01:20 PM
PigBoat_2

ty...i figured out how to add the pic...go to your profile page where it tells you what kind of pilot/driver you think you are...then click on the link that says something like 'sub-profile:forum something rather' you can choose all kinds of stuff there...

ty on the trim too, my sister could fly the plane just as well as I could so she wanted all the turns she could get. have to try messing w/the rudder today...

PB_2
Old 12-26-2005, 01:29 PM
PigBoat_2

hey i found this vid of karts crashing like no tomorrow...http://www.kartattack.it/on_the_trac...nti.wmv...copy and paste but turn your speakers DOWN the music is very foul...

PB_2
Old 12-27-2005, 11:47 PM
diggs

Even better is the one from Harbor Frieght called the Yellow Bee...$29.....flys as far as you can see it and has dual motors.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:08 PM
hawk3ye

Hey all,

First time RC pilot and poster here, but I've been trollin' lol! Trolling actualyl landed me to this thread and I bought the plane the original poster talked about and I thought I might throw my 2 cents out there as a "first time" flyer....

I got my "Preserver" from some hooky online site I found off google for a bit more than $40, blame it on 2-day FedEx shipping and the holidays The plane I got was named differently "SKY RUNNER, Shuttle" and the body was the same as the Preserver but the controller was nothing like the pic lol! it looked like a TV remote with a switch on it that let you move left or right, it looked bad but it was functional and at least it had the charger on the back. here's the website below:

http://www.jprtrading.com/shop/produ...roducts_id=128

Anyways this little plane is A LOT of fun. I took the plane flying on a soccer field the other evening with very light wind conditions (<5mph). The plane is easy to control, you give it a solid throw (I've got practice with those little balsa wood prop planes as a kid lol) and gun the trhottle, you just have to get used to when to actually gun the throttle though to gain altittude and the turns were very forgiving as well imho because the plane doesn't seem to take sharp turns and stuff. As far as durabililty is concerned, my plane took on a small tree branch at WOT lol! the plane lost and tumbled to the ground with a small notch on the wing which didn't seem to affect it flights thereafter heh, there were also assorted tumbles. The plane does a decent job at letting you know when the battery is low, basically just putters out and the engines will stutter and you just have to give it some throttle when it nears the ground to avoid a serious tumble.

I hope this little review helped someone, cheers! and thanks all!

-M
Old 02-07-2006, 07:27 PM
methodman

well i`ve yet to get mine out! was too windy today []

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.