Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

How to do Checker style Painting and Panel Lines???

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

How to do Checker style Painting and Panel Lines???

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 07:48 AM
Jagzilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to do Checker style Painting and Panel Lines???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My latest build is underway, GWS P-51. I'm wondering if any of you can suggest a good technique for doing "checkerboard" style painting? I'm also gonna do my first attempt at "panel lines" What do you guys do those with, is it just a fine tip black felt tip pen, or what? Much appreciate any suggestions here.
J
Old 03-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Maine_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to do Checker style Painting and Panel Lines???

that's what I used, (very fine tipped permanent marker) then once complete and satisfied with results, hit it a very light coat of water based polyurethane to seal it .. they will wear off in grass landings and just handling after a while if you don't seal it ..

the checker pattern? I've never done it but I would assume it's done with a yellow base first, then black sharpies and sealed... just a note: if you mess up an area, you can carefully clean it up with nail polish remover.. it will quickly take away the marker but the paint will be next if you work it too hard... Q-tips work well.. swap them out for clean ones or you'll just be smudging a gray color around..

great rainy/windy day project