Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

IFO mk3 help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 11:08 AM
LOOK OUT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IFO mk3 help

I need to repair my IFO mk3 33.5" wing span and don't have the plane with me at this current time. What i need to know is what diamiter the leading edge is (Not the leading edged behind the prop). I know it is larger than the trailing edge and the elevons but not sure how much bigger. Wild RC has three sizes larger.
Also i am looking into putting a brushless motor into it and was wondering what you thought would be a good motor. Any info on this or links to any other posts would be of much help.

Mike
Old 03-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Old Man

Default RE: IFO mk3 help

The main bow is 1.40

How did you break the bow? We fly full contact combat over a paved parking lot and a broken motor mount is the worst damage we have suffered.

My son flies a Mk3 with a Feigao brushless with a GWS D gear and 3s 1200 lipos. He gets 45 minute flight times and the power is fantastic. Here is a link to the motor that I purchased for his plane. http://www.balsapr.com/catalog/motor...ductId=U292365

The people at Balsa products are fantastic!!!! They are flyers who know what they are doing and their customer service is fantastic.

Here is a link to a great landing gear mod. http://www.boomerseflight.com/past/B...20Micro%20IFO/

The mod shown was done a mini IFO but it works great on the Mk3 as well. No more strings on the landing gear.

Here is a link that has many tips and tricks for the IFO's http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=IFO
There is a lot of good information in this thread.

Good Luck
Old 03-30-2005, 01:20 PM
LOOK OUT

Thanks for the info. I actually didn't break it while flying. It broke after i stepped on it when it was sitting on the ground. Woops. Are you correct in saying he gets 45 min. of flying time per battery. If so that is awsome. Also what do you mean by the main bow is 1.40. Did you mean .140"?

Mike
Old 03-30-2005, 01:36 PM
Old Man

1.40 is the measurement that is on the rods that I ordered from Wild RC. I think that they are metric measurements. Give me a minute and I will go measure his IFO with a set of calipers.

He gets about 45 minutes on a 3s 1200 Lipo, obviously that depends on how hard he is pushing it. I fly and mini IFO and if we are in the air together we usually end up flying combat. I get close to an hour with a 3s 850 lipo and a 12 mm Feigao brushless. I have a timer on my radio so I know my times. I am guessing the 45 on his flight times but it is pretty accurate.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:39 PM
Old Man

I just measured his frame with a set of dial calipers and it averaged 0.135" in inches.
I hope this helps.

What batteries are you flying.