Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Great Planes BLT More Power To YA!!

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Great Planes BLT More Power To YA!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 07:51 PM
balsabrain
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes BLT More Power To YA!!

Would more power than the 280 recomended. Any one build one with more "brushed" power?
Old 03-31-2005, 02:19 AM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Great Planes BLT More Power To YA!!

I built one with a GWS 300 5.33:1 gear drive using a 9 x 7 prop & 7C 650 mah nimh which I still fly. I never flew it with the recommended 280, so I can't comment on how it flies differently, but with my setup, it slows down for a gentle landing and will loop from level flight if I let the speed build up a bit first.

It flys at half throttle with this set up.

You didn't say if you flew before. I would only recommend this plane to a newbie if you have someone to help you learn. The nose is not very strong and it will be the first thing to break when you nose it in. Other than that, it flys well.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:29 AM
Stormovic
My Feedback: (29)

This is just a tool around the park flyer and nothing else. I have one with the recommended motor from Great planes and it flys perfectly well with it. It kinda reminds me of a stick type Sleek Streak rubber flyer from the 50s or 60s only with radio control to keep it from a fly away. Its a good simple stable flyer.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:57 PM
nebuchadnezzar

I bought one for a gentle return to balsa building, which was very relaxing. Then, I put a bolt on the front with rubber bands and test glided it in the back yard. Gliided very nice then destroyed the pylon upon landing - was immediately retired in favor of a slow stick which I was much happier with. Just gave the BLT to a neighbor kid who's just getting started.