Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Thinking ahead, like always, for a 2nd plane

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Thinking ahead, like always, for a 2nd plane

Old 04-03-2005, 07:48 AM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking ahead, like always, for a 2nd plane

I thought these will do as a 2nd plane, do you?

Cessna 182
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/128393.asp

Super IMpress

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/128403.asp

THanks
Old 04-04-2005, 12:28 AM
foreverNight

Default RE: Thinking ahead, like always, for a 2nd plane

Alot of people have said to stay away from wattage planes. Why not get a GWS plane? A warbird perhaps?
Old 04-04-2005, 02:06 AM
samolot

any suggestions?
Old 04-04-2005, 03:59 AM
theKM

Why not build a very spiffy balsa model?...
Are you ready for a basic aerobatic model yet?... or just coming off rudder/elevator?...

Just that the StevensAero kits are very easy to put together for the first time balsa builder.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:45 AM
samolot

You guys are underestimating my abilities. I am almost a tower trainer graduate, by the time i make the purchase i will be well intermediate. This is quite silly, but after playing IL2: Sturmovik, i have a little nack for scale warbirds, and after looking at hobby-lobbys warbirds, im in love. They do look a lttle advanced, so how about starting off with a GS ME (Messerschmit)?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHCN2&P=0
Old 04-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Psnap

Looks like a good one to me. "You don't know, until you try it!!"
Old 04-06-2005, 02:58 AM
samolot

well, since bals flies better then i think the wattage Texan should do the trick into scale. THAT THING IS BEAUTIFUL! It looks great + Its made out of decent material, actully correct that, great material!

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/128388.asp
Old 04-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Psnap

Yea Man!!

The Texan is sweet too!!

You'll also be able to see the Texan better because of the color.

Let us know how you like it?
Old 04-07-2005, 01:15 AM
samolot

well,im on spring breeak, school, then summer, so illprobably get it around,,,,,,,,,,,a long time from now.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:38 AM
theKM

...after playing... IL2... you.... have a knack for warbirds!!?... [sm=tired.gif][sm=tired.gif][sm=tired.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Sorry. Couldn't hold that back.

IL2 will teach you nothing about flying a model warbird. Everything people say about proper scale models, and "warbirds" in particular, is that they have idiosyncrasies that can throw a novice, intermediate, and even advanced pilots for a loop. This is because they're geared for scale, and not model flying. So I wouldn't be thinking of a 100% scale warbird right now. I'd wait till you have more experience under your belt... and that's said with all due respect.

You don't know what little things planes can throw at you until you've tip-stalled into the deck... and it will happen at some point. Not with your trainer... because the trainers are designed to avoid this, but if you venture into more wild things, it will happen.

Anyways... "warbird" spiel over... GWS don't make things 100% scale. They're made for novice and/or intermediate pilots. Apparently the Corsair is the nicer flying one of the bunch, and personally it's the nicer looking beastie too!
Old 04-07-2005, 04:47 AM
samolot

you think i was using il2 for my rc training? Wow. how stupid do you think i am. Im just sayin that after i played the game, i like the looks of the planes, and i like the fact that i could have my own little peice of flying history thats it. If you say the corsair is nice, than i agree, its nice little dive bomber. In the game, the corsair is almost impossible taking off from the carrier, due to its lack of speed, which causes it to stall. The only thing the game teaches is how to fly a real plane. Actaully just the basics but anyway, that game rocks. befr the corsair, im probably going to get te Formosa from GWS, and after that, use the hardware inside to put it on my corsair. THe reason why im jumping into scale or anything quite advanced is because the distance to my field, its quite a long way. Im only sacrificing my time of travel so i can get the needed training. THen im just practising somewhere near my home, like on a soccer field.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:21 PM
samolot

listen, after a few more hours of playing the game, i checked out other simulators. I thinki have just encountered a pleasantmeeting with general aviation. Simple scale trainers are just fine for me. What are some god ones,by the way i wont buy foam. Im gonna keep this hobby just as a little sunday flying event, and during the week, fly the real ones, on my comp. I have searched for some cessnas, because their just beautiful in real life. I have seen the .40-50 one from great planes, and it is absolutely amazing, but gas. THe cessna 180, not a chance, so im down to the cessna 182(i think), the beauty from wattage,is it good?