Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

whats the best starter electric plane?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
Slow Stick
80.95%
PT electric
4.76%
Tiger 400
14.29%
Wattage Cessena
0%
Electrifly J-3 Cub
0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

whats the best starter electric plane?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Dr.Watson
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the best starter electric plane?

whats the best starter electric airplane for a $150 budget?
Old 04-05-2005, 12:55 AM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: whats the best starter electric plane?

the planes you chose all pretty much suck. I started with a cessna and that got me to buy a gas trainer and an ama membreship so i can get an instructor. THe piper, naaah, too hard to fly, take offs really are a bummer on that one. THe tiger? You mean the goldberg mid wing, semi symmerticle (duno how to spell it lol) tiger for intemediate flyers only, who had trainer airplane experience? If you got a good instructor then go for it,otherwise, no. I was about to choose the pt, but, if you keep the charges to a minimum, you can have a nice load of cash left over with the slow stick. But for you,i would choose neither, id go for the yard stick. Same as the slow stick, but isnt made out of crummy foam, that no matter what you do will break. THe yardstick comes with a builtup wing and is "expertly" covered. You honestly want to start off with electrics? My complete recommendation, which i did, is to add a hundred bucks from your dads wallet, if you do good in school, and get a RTF Tower Trainer. Comes with a real engine. THose planes are the best planes to get when training, becuase they let you learn the basic four channel radio perfectly, then if you want, get a tiger 400, its a really nice plane too. Whatever you choose, dont be like me, the wattage cessna.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:23 AM
EFLAPPER

Electric or Gas, both have good and bad points. The one you choose depends on where you want to fly. If it is your backyard or in a nearby Park, then electric is the right choice. If you want to fly at a sanctioned AMA field, join a club and pay out for dues, then either gas or electric will do. It used to be that electric planes were weak and not very good flyer's, that is in the past. Electric power has grown up and can compete with Gas for power and duration. Less noise and less mess.
Anyway the slow stick can be a ball to fly and many experienced pilots have a slow stick to fly any old time the urge grabs them and with very little hassle, just about any small open field will do.
I now say that I graduated to electric from gas and I have a lot of friends who have gone the same way. Look at the World Models clipped wing cub, it is cheap and looks good too. you can get one from Airborne-Models on line.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Psnap

I would take a look at the Slow-V by parkzone. Very stable, slow and gentle plane to fly. Flys great in a baseball field with plenty of room left. Lands real slow and has a long stall hang(you can greaser in). Likes to fly on calm days though. Costs about $139.00 w/ everything included. Has other options such as light box to fly at night and combat box to dogfight w/ buddy.
Not a bad deal to me!!
Try it, you'll like it!!!!!