Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Ah, what to get...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 12:45 AM
Iturnright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ah, what to get...

Alright, I've waited long enough, I have $181 to spend right now, i'll probably be getting some more to add up to about $240. What should I get for my Stryker?

I have a stock Stryker, stock everything with it. Now then, what sort of stuff should I get for it? I need it to be simple though, and nothing over the top, since I'm still a bit not sure on the "may explode/catch fire sort of thing" unless it is reliable enough not to worry about. I have had the plane for 4 months and quite good with it. (and had an AB for 1 1/2 years before) So feel free to post what you think and suggestions on what to buy.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:31 PM
rckid90

Default RE: Ah, what to get...

I think you should get the 2 hitec 81 servos($40), gws 4ch receiver($20), 50 amp esc($40), mm 360 truck motor($20), ball bearings for the mm motor($7), rx/tx crystal($10), and a Futaba 6exa transmitter($100). I think that should about do it.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Iturnright

Wow, that looks very nice, I'd love to have that system. But will my current batterys be able to support the new system? Also, The radio with the needed accesories looks like the radio package would actually be 180 dollars[] as shown on the website. Is there a way to get around this? Other than that it looks like it is quite a good system.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:20 PM
rckid90

i don't know what you mean as in get around the system. Those prices come from my lhs Hobby Town Usa. So i have no clue what that stuff is selling for on there website. But if you need to know more info on the mm motor ask Glacier Girl because he flies his stryker with the mm motor.

Patrick
Old 04-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Iturnright

I was looking on the Futaba website featuring the radio where I found the $180 price. I'll need batterys and a charger for the transmiter. I'm not sure if my shop carries that radio but I will have to look.