Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

TM 400 assembly issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 03:47 PM
eballz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM 400 assembly issue

Check this out... anyone ever seen this happen before? Check the pics. The aileron linkage is too short!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73066.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	256584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37218.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	256585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23681.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	256586  
Old 04-10-2005, 06:18 PM
clovus

Default RE: TM 400 assembly issue

D'oh!

And It's such a good plane to fly too....
Old 04-10-2005, 09:22 PM
eballz

why would they give them to me like that? It has to be a mistake. How can I get right ones?
Old 04-11-2005, 03:39 PM
hargravebl

Oh man that really sucks, looks like GWS goofed up....you can either build your own or get with your LHS (local hobby shop) where you bought it and show them what happened. Did you buy it online? If so get with GWS and see if they can help you out.

Tough luck though, she is a beautiful flier...got one and love the hell out of her.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No problem. Just cut the foam an inch or inch and a half inside of where the aileron end of the horn is. Glue the aileron on the end of it. Only difference is the ail, will be a little longer than normal which is OK as it needs all the aileron it can get.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:15 PM
eballz

yeah, I considered doing that but I decided to just get the right part anyways. I dont really want to have to do mods to the wing because I got the wrong parts. Sure a bigger aileron would be better for snappier rolling, but this is not my plane. I am helping somebody else who is a learner and this is only their second plane. This is thier first aileron plane. So in this case adding extra roll with bigger ailerons isnt really a good idea. I have my own TM 400 (which is how this person decided they wanted one) and trust me, if this were my plane I would simply work around it. But I think its a good idea to just keep the plane stock since this pilot is an amateur.

I contacted GWS about this and forwarded them the pics I posted above. They seem willing to help and all they want is my reciept from the LHS. Once I get that off to them I am confident they will ship the right linkage to me. No damage done I guess - except for a big delay in build time []

Old 04-14-2005, 04:58 PM
eballz

I heard from GWS (taiwan) today. Turns out they took this problem pretty seriously. They searched their records and found some 44 other kits that shipped like this. wow. Guess somebody goofed. This linkage supposedly belongs to another model in their lineup, but they didnt say which.

They are shipping me the correct parts right away. Just a heads up for anyone who might be considering buying a TM 400 soon - there are at least 43 other kits out there with the wrong aileron linkage parts. If you get one here's some useful info to get it resolved. Ask for Richard.

Grand Wing System U.S.A. Inc.

138 South Brent Circle

City of Industry, CA 91789-3050

TEL : 909-594-GWS9(4979)