Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

how did this happen

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 08:43 PM
thenamshow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how did this happen

i went to fly my slow stik today and the first flight of the day went alright, then i bring up the throttle stick slowly. nothing happens, then i bring it back down. before i know it the model is at full throttle and in the air, then i seen smoke....I thought it was the battery. I was forced to crash the plane...there was a fence but only the wing hit and no damage accured. well i saw that the motor leads were just dangling....The speed controler was gone burnt up castle creations pixie 7 I wonder why this happened... and worst it was my first and only crash so i felt discurraged, Im not new at thsi hobby. I was gald to see only a dent in the wing. hopefully CC will replace it
Old 04-11-2005, 10:24 PM
theKM

Default RE: how did this happen

not new, but first crash?... sounds like you've had a pretty good run!
Accidents are inevitable. They're also character building

Though I can't say if CC will replace it. I haven't had a problem with an ESC yet.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:40 AM
thenamshow

yeah, I called they said its still under warrenty and just to send back the remains and they will replace it

yeah no crashes this was the first, i ve had some pretty wicked saves to. my friends tigher moth was flying in like 15 mph win with a IPS motor, and it was the second time i flew a park flyer so i went up, and the wind stats taking it away and somehow i get it one the ground and with no dammage
Old 04-13-2005, 09:41 AM
kevinsreell

You may want to upgrade to a 15+ amp controller. The 300 motors don't last too long, and if they fail your esc may see an amp spike which can easily fry the smaller controller. My original 8 amp esc was fried when the motor went.

Also if you are flying in a lot of wind, make sure you have a lot of rudder throw. Otherwise it can be tough to get turned back into the wind.

I upgraded to brushless after my 3rd replacement 300. Have fun, they are a great plane!
Old 04-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto on the fried motor thing. When my first motor went, my 300 ESC was so hot I couldn't even quickly touch the ESC. Even the heat shrink tubing melted!