Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Alfa Models FW-190 Newbie questions??

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Alfa Models FW-190 Newbie questions??

Old 04-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Tony Gag Jr.
My Feedback: (124)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Alfa Models FW-190 Newbie questions??

I am new to electric aircraft. I have been flying glow R/C for 15 years and I am interested in trying electric. The plane I am interested in is the Alfa FW-190(actually all the Alfa models look great). I want to use the stock setup that Hobby Lobby sells, the Speed 300 with the 5:1 gearbox. The only things I want to change from their setup is I want to use a LiPoly back instead of the NiMH. My questions are, can I still use the Jeti 012, 12 amp motor controller with the LiPloy batteries? I plan on using a 2-cell 1500mah Lipoly pack. Please let me know what I need to buy. Thanks in advance.

Tony Gagliardi Jr.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:19 AM
euromodels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alfa Models FW-190 Newbie questions??

Hi Tony,
We had our first FW-190 flying with a very similar setup, using 1500mAh/7.4V Li-Ion battery pack and MGM brushed ESC. Duration about 12-15 minutes.
You can use this ESC (JES012) with your LI-Poly batttery pack.
Regards,
Zdenek
www.euromodels.com.au
Old 04-19-2005, 05:14 AM
Woody 51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alfa Models FW-190 Newbie questions??

This is a great set up for any of the ALFA props running on a Speed 300 5:1 gearbox.

I am getting around 20 minutes flying time from a Polyquest 1500 Ma/H 2 cell Lipoly, in my Alfa FW-190