Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Please Help with Slo-V Condition

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Please Help with Slo-V Condition

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 10:28 PM
Jet Screamer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help with Slo-V Condition

I recently swapped the stock prop for an Eflite 1260. It flew awesome the first flight although flight time seemed a little shorter than with stock prop. The second flight flew only about 3 minutes if that and the motor cut off. The rudder still operated after that but when I increased throttle it kept cutting off. This seems like a low batt indication but I fully charged the batt with my Triton. Does the prop pull that much juice? Also, when charging I put the Triton at .8A and it stops charging the stock batt at 300ma. Shouldn't it charge to around 600 since that's the batt capacity. Is something wrong with this battery? Forgive me if some of this is stupid as I'm new to RC. Thanks for any advice.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Fisher

Default RE: Please Help with Slo-V Condition

Nothing stupid about asking questions. I have been messing around with my Slo-V prop and battery and have come to the conclusion that the 7-cell battery is about the only performance upgrade with regard to speed and duration that does not have a significant penalty attached to it. I put on a more agressive prop and burned up the motor.

Your 6-cell battery should be taking close to if not all of the 600 mha. If your only getting 300 into it then something is wrong with the charger or battery. I do not know enough to say more.

I would purchase a 7-cell battery and see how that worked, if you have charging problems with it then it could be your charger.

The more agressive prop does pull a much higher load as well and maybe frying your motor. When the motor cuts out is it all at once or does it start stuttering? If it is stuttering then the brushes are getting fouled. If it cuts out all together and you can reduce the throttle control to 0 and slowly restart the motor to 1/2 throttle then it is a low battery situation.

Good luck.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:59 PM
Jet Screamer
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks, I discovered I had an incorrect setting on my charger. But now I have new problems. My V got stuck in a large tree yesterday just before dusk. It was too dark to try to climb but when I got there today someone beat me to it and cannibalized my plane breaking both servo horns, bending the long metal rods that turn the rudder and stealing the stock battery and motor. They were NICE enough to not break the whole thing. I've tested the servos and they respond but where can I just buy new horns that will fit instead of having to buy brand new servos? The other things I'll just order of buy at LHS, but since I have to get a new motor and battery can someone give me some recommendations of a combo that's better than stock. Better motor with LiPo?? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Fisher

What bad luck! You can order all your missing parts from just about any on-line dealer carrying the Slo-v. I looked into hopping up the Slo-V with a more durable brushed motor and maybe a lipo battery but you would need to time your flights or get new electronics for the plan since the stock receiver does not have a voltage cutoff set up to protect the lipo from being drained too far down. Other folks just put the lipo on the plane as is and stop flying as soon as they see a noticeable drop in climb rate. A little risky but seems to work if you have self control. Your local hobby shop should be able to help you out with new servo arms.

Good luck.