Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

&%^$%&*$ I got it!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 10:24 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default &%^$%&*$ I got it!!!!

yes, 6 days after the plane eating tree grabbed it out of the sky ,and thanks to hurricane Isadore, I woke up at 3:00 this afternoon ( I work at night) to 25 mph winds and jumped on my scooter and ran up to the school yard with 50 people in the parking lot and there it was on the middle of the playground, and , IN ONE PIECE!! well until I got closer,, what was left of the wing was still rubber banded on the wing and covering all of the goodies inside, then I saw another piece of wing so I grab it, run back to my scooter and zoom outa there, I get home and realize there is still about a 6 inch section of wing gone but no matter , so I hook up a battery pack and ,,,,,,,,everything works!! motor,esc,both servos, everything!.... I think I'm gonna order that zero now.........even if I did find the rest of the wing it would be too many repairs to make it ok, interestingly enough, the half of the wing that didnt break was the part that I did repair before

thanks for all of your suggestions,, Rog
Old 09-29-2002, 02:00 PM
SchweizerFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rog,
Glad to hear you got your plane back. I "tree'd" my Pico Cub in an
Oak for about the same amount of time as your Stik. I was able to retrieve the battery pack at the time of the incident and tried several different things to get the plane down. Mine was finally blown down during a rainstorm, too. It was way damaged beyond repair but that's O.K. as I had another project "on the board" just waiting. I dried everything out and the rest is a happy
ending. Neither the Stik nor Cub like wind, at all. Best GWS foamie I've had so far for front yard flying and mild wind (and I miss it [crashed]) was the Tiger Moth. One thing, if you're using the GWS RX, be sure to tape the crystal down in the reciever
because its not a very good fit and could cause another "incident". BTW, I'm just finishing up the Beaver (about to head out shortly). I think I'll like this one.
Good luck with your Zero.
Steve
Old 09-30-2002, 12:03 AM
flyinrog

Default I fly , they crash too...

I like that one Steve, I glued what I could ,replaced what I could, but it was too damaged, I found where i coulda ordered just the wing and fuse but it looked almost as much as awhole new one so... I ordered another one and got the 9070 prop too, its suposed to be faster.. Hey good luck with the Beaver I almost got it, but if I get better with this next stick , I'm gonna go with the Mustang next, and I got a couple of "projects " going too but finances dictate a slow pace on them... nice to meet you Steve.
Rog
Old 10-04-2002, 06:48 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The folks in the parking lot must have wondered who that was as you scuttled over to that "thing in the field", tucked it under your arm and with a cackle like a barfly finding a hald gallon of Ripple in the trash you scamper back to your moped and, <ahem>, roar off into the stormy night....er, stormy afternoon.........

Sound about right?

Good that you got it back..... :thumbup:
Old 10-04-2002, 01:08 PM
flyinrog

hahahahahahahaha

an absolutely excellent rendition of the occurence,, were you there??? hahahaha and it was afternoon, but it was certainly scurrying off with my prize, scooter not moped (key factor)
but I now have a brand new one waiting for tomorrow morning after work ., when I can enjoy the madness once again.....
Rog