Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Can I mod Tx from on/off throttle to variable throttle?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Can I mod Tx from on/off throttle to variable throttle?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 06:31 PM
johnpatron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I mod Tx from on/off throttle to variable throttle?

I recently purchased the new Toytronix "Hawk-3" all-in-one foam electric airplane pkg. The plane has two servos for elevator and rudder, plus a built-in ESC for it's 380 motor. However, to keep the price down, the Tx (27mhz) has only 2 gimbals for the elevator and rudder and only an on/off switch for the motor.
Can I buy a slide switch from Radio Shack and switch it with the Tx's on/off switch to give me a motor throttle control? Or does the Tx have to have a third variable circuit already built in before I can get variable motor control? (P.S., I'm a greyhaired newby to the R/C field, but can handle a pretty good soldering gun to do the Tx mod--just need to know if it's possible.) Thanks, guys.
(I also posted this under the Radio Forum, too) BTW, I'm on a
meager disability income, so please be nice and not tell me to go out and buy another radio system.
Old 09-28-2002, 06:46 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

if they didnt bother with a 0.0000000$ slider, they wouldnt have done the circut either.
im not gonna tell you to get a $$$$$$$ system with a gameboy on the front, a simple Hi-tec 3 ch system will do, they do a feather system you could mod into the plane.
however, this is a very simple plane, it really dosnt need it. pulse the motor on and off to keep a constantish speed
Old 10-07-2002, 02:08 PM
larryflew
My Feedback: (13)

Afraid your SOL. Not only does the radio not have what your looking for neither does the plane. Open/close switch is a lot cheaper than an electronic speed control so you wouldn't have either end to work with. Only alternative is buying an ESC AND new radio system. Reason they are "toy"tronics as apposed to hobby type planes.
Old 10-07-2002, 02:52 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

read your post in the other fourm ( you realise thats a quick way to annoy some people here? ) anyways.... if the ESC is proportional it dosnt make sence that the tranny isnt, it would have been simple to do, but if your so handy with a soldering iron how come you've not replaced the switch with a 5K pot or slider yet? at best it'll work, at worse it'll be a sliding on and off switch.