Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

J-3 Cub wont fly!!!

Old 05-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Dr.Watson
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J-3 Cub wont fly!!!

i bought a Great planes piper cub about a week ago. i took it outside to fly it and it banked to the right really hard. after fixing the motor mount i put my GWS 300 D on there to see if it would fly. well, it was REALLY squirrelly and wouldn't fly. so i thought it might be too big of a motor. so i put the stock 280 on. i had my mom drive me to the field and it seemed tail heavy even though the CG was dead on. it seemed like it didn't have enough thrust even with a 11.1V li-poly on it. whats wrong with this thing???
Old 05-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: J-3 Cub wont fly!!!

Slow down a little, too many attempts listed, each with it's own problem.
Fix one problem at a time before moving on to another mod/ hop up.
How bout a little more details.
Let's start with where you're at right now, tail heavy right?If you damaged the motor mount in crash, it's possible that the thrust angle is now incorrect. Would definitley cause a, as you call it squirrelly condition on bigger motor and tail heavy on stock. If you want, PM me and I'll try and help you out.
BJ
p.s. If you're running brushed motors, they won't last long on 11.1 lipo power.