Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

LHS just got in 3 Parkzone P-51 Mustangs

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

LHS just got in 3 Parkzone P-51 Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 01:00 PM
raptor046

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LHS just got in 3 Parkzone P-51 Mustangs

I was there when they good the demo out of the box. It looked GREAT. I'll be picking one up shortly. After seeing it and the 10.8V battery that comes with it, I can't see why anyone wouldn't go to a 11.1V LiPoly for longer run times. I must admit it did not look to be the same build quality as my decathlon and cub, but its a more complicated design. All in all it looked awesome.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:25 PM
flyhard2

Default RE: LHS just got in 3 Parkzone P-51 Mustangs

The LHS called and mine is in, will be putting it together tonight and maybe its first flight if daylight allows, if not the first thing in the morning.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Fisher

OK!

We want a full review! So take lots of photos and maybe a short video if possible. Not that you will be busy just having fun flying and knowing you are the first or at least one of the first kids on the block with this plane.

Good luck!
Old 05-23-2005, 10:37 PM
flyhard2

Well I put the P51 together tonight, auw 29 oz with stock battery. Seems real heavy, but seems to have good power, won't hover out of my hand but good pull. first flight tomorrow if the wind lays.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Fisher

Have a good flight and do not forget to write.
( Maybe just one photo of the new plane and its proud owner.)
Old 05-24-2005, 03:35 AM
drunkenbushman

Wonder how long it will take them to shop it down to Australia. I just needa save up my 290 bucks. I do envy you lucky guys who have them alrdy.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:40 AM
flyhard2

Wow, what a great flying model. This plane has good power with the stock battery, not unlimited vertical but good, loops and rolls are easy with stock setups. It has a tip stall when landing but I was trying to land it too slow, I was trying to save the prop and almost broke it, but no damage. Flew two batterys and the only problem I had was orientation when the plane was far away, its pretty fast so it can get away in a hurry. All in all I would recomend this plane but not for a beginner or someone going from 2 to 3 channel, you have to fly it, it stays in whatever bank angle you put it in. I got about 10 min. flight time from each battery. The only complaint I have is the length of the battery lead from the rx/esc it barely reaches the battery door opening, my Cub has short leads also but my brother-in law's Decathalon has plenty of lead, must just be luck. Buy one you will love it. JMHO
Old 05-24-2005, 07:15 PM
Graniterep
My Feedback: (1)

Wow! I just got mine today! I can't wait to fly it. It does feel alittle heavy, although I think this plane might be better for flying in the wind than say a stock Stryker.

Cheers!

Steve
Old 06-16-2005, 06:00 PM
3D-Kid

Well I have just received mine today. It seems like a well built model. After assembly it did feel heavy with the battery. Yet proved wrong once I powered up tho motor. It seems to have good pull and torque. Before I bought the plane I read on other forums that the battery cover comes off in flight. So I went over it pretty closely and it seemed like there was no way of it coming off. Any suggestions would be great. I cant wait to fly it. Parkzone has done it again. If there is any recomendations or hop-ups please inform me. I want this plane to stay in tack. LOL. Thanks

Joe