Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Brushless Motor Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 12:20 AM
bbellfly
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless Motor Question

I asked this question in the motor forum, but only got 1 reply which didn't answer the question. There's got to be some folks with knowledge of MOTORS & ESC out there. I need some feed back.

Just curious, can anyone tell me about Kontronik Brushless Motors (the 400 comb set from Tower Hobby) are they worth the extra money? They cost almost twice what most other Brushless Motors cost. I am planning to put a BRUSHLESS Set on a Sig Kadet EP 42. I have seen Brushless motors for as little as $50 and ESCers for $30. I was wondering if the Kontronik Brushless and ESCers are worth the higher price? The combo set is $199.99 for both the Motor and ESC. Also, for best flight time, what size LiPo battery would work best with this setup?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 06-19-2005, 12:41 AM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Brushless Motor Question

If you don't get an answer here, try RCgroups.com. Many more eflighters out that way.

My opinion (hope you get a definitive answer) is that they are a bit pricy. I wouldn't go for a no name brand, but if you stick with a company that's been around long enough to get a reputation, I'd go with that. You get what you pay for, up to a point.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:10 PM
P51ACE

the kadet ep 42 would fly great on the himax 2815-200kv and a castle creations phoneix 25 esc i used this set-up in the wattage ultimate bipe with awesome performance and now its installed in my stryker i got the motor for 89.95 with shipping included and the esc for 80.00 hope this helps and good luck!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:11 PM
P51ACE

and for use with my setup the thunder power 2100s work great 70.00 for them