Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

J 3 cub , Cessna 182, Sky Pilot, T Hawk

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

J 3 cub , Cessna 182, Sky Pilot, T Hawk

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 09:40 PM
me 02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J 3 cub , Cessna 182, Sky Pilot, T Hawk

Anyone who has flown any of these planes please comment
on their performance - J 3 Cub & Sky Pilot from hobbypeople
.net. The T Hawk is from readytoflyfun.com; & the Cessna
182 is from parkflyers.com. Also from the last one..Begin Air.
Many thanks.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:46 PM
eatsleeptrumpet

Default RE: J 3 cub , Cessna 182, Sky Pilot, T Hawk

The Parkzone J3 Cub is good for what it is but is pretty sensitive to wind. I suggest increasing the throw of the rudder and elevator by one notch for more responsive control - it tends to be sluggish in turns otherwise. There is a jumper that makes the plane give a bit of up elevator when you give it left or right stick, so if you are an experienced flier you may want to take this jumper off as it will interfere with normal input. Also, I have heard (but not yet seen) that a GWS 8060 prop helps it cut through wind better, but these props are quite fragile, so buy many at a time. The reason they are so fragile is so that they absorb crash impact and avoid damage to the prop shaft, gearbox, and firewall. Install a tail wheel - it helps the plane to move straight much easier while moving along the ground. The hobbyzone Aerobird tail wheel is perfect and costs only a dollar. I attached mine by coating small pieces of electrical tape with crazy glue and literally taping the wheel to the plane. After it set, the wheel worked great - just watch your fingers while gluing... Finally, the plane comes with 1" wheels, but 2" wheels are a little more stable and will leave you with less broken props (unless you are a landing whizz). The plane is fun to fly, but leave lots of room for turns, especially when it's windy. If there's generally a lot of wind in your area, I suggest you buy a larger plane or perhaps an electric sailplane. Good luck!
Old 07-09-2005, 12:56 AM
Dora Nine

Default RE: J 3 cub , Cessna 182, Sky Pilot, T Hawk

My vote would be for the Cub, only because that's the only one of the three I have flown. The Sky Pilot is a new plane...and I haven't read anything on it yet. I have seen one those at the LHS, and it looks pretty good. Wings seem a little fragile. Seems a little heavy too....would like to have been able to run it up and see what sort of power it has...and from my understanding, landing on a Tricycle type landing gear is easier and the prop tends to stay clear of the ground on landing, but I have never done it before. Good luck on your choice...