Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

radio range question

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 08:31 PM
rcglen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio range question

Quick question . tonight I was flying my megatech merlin for flight # 26 got over neighbors house and lost control. was able to regain control and land it. radio battery stregnth appears to be good with green led. what should the radio range be with the antenna down . It seams that I only have about 50 feet . reciever antenna wire appears to be intact. maby interfierance?
Old 07-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Woodsy

Default RE: radio range question

what sort of radio? what frequency?

Some radio systems (rx's, tx's) and/or frequencies are more prone to interferance than others.

a cheapy AM park flier radio may only be good for 2 or 3 hundred yards in an open padock and even less around housing or power lines, a top of the range FM system can be good untill the plane is out of site may be 3 to 5K
Old 07-10-2005, 11:01 PM
rcglen

The radio is a 72mhz. 3 channel . normally the range is great. but today.it got approx 75 yards and I sterted to loose countrol. My question is what should i expect to get for range with antenna down . or what is a good radio range test to do so I dont have to test it in the air. thanks
Old 07-11-2005, 01:21 AM
Woodsy

just checked the futaba site and it says 100 feet with ariel down, a little jittering is normal.