Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Slo V Battery Issues

Old 07-15-2005, 05:13 PM
BILLPAYPML

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slo V Battery Issues

I am using the stock six cell battery that came with SLO V and they are not charging anymore. I have two battery packs and both are behaving the same. Is there anything special that needs to be done with these batteries between uses. For example should I store them charged or uncharged. I have been storing them uncharged. I have probably only gotten about 15 charges per battery. I have been charging them at the recommended rate in the manual.

I just went out and bought a 7 cell battery and I want to make sure I am taking care of it properly.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Slo V Battery Issues

You'll be much happier with the 7 cell.
Are you using the included charger? You get what you pay for, and it was free.
Your 6 cells may just be not getting a good charge out of the included charger.
Regular cells need to be charged to store away.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:59 PM
highpines

Yes, I had the exact same problem with both the 6 cell and the 7 cell using the included "so called" peak charger that you plug into your car. I thought my batts were toast too. With help from people here I bought a "Hobico Field Charger MKII" and the batts get warm and charge great everytime! This charger will do NICd, NiMH and up to 3 cell lipo's. Not the best and most expensive charger out there but for $49.95 it works for me...and it's fast.......Oh,..... the 8.4 7 cell will make you smile..........
Old 07-16-2005, 07:31 AM
BILLPAYPML

Interesting - I will have to look into getting one. How fast does it charge a pack ? Right now it is taking about 45 minutes and I only get a few minutes of use out of it. Also, it looks like it will charge two packs at once. Does that work out ok ?