Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Lazer 3D motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 04:43 PM
MYHELL99
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lazer 3D motor

I currently have the stock set up for my Lazer3D, and was thinking of getting the new Astroflight 010 brushless motor for it. Does anyone know about this setup? I've read the hacker motor is the way to go, but the Astroflight is less expensive and easily purchased. Should I go geared or direct?
Old 10-16-2002, 05:19 PM
pedsnurse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lazer 3D motor

why dont you use rubber bands? they are cheap and one can get them any where. I use them on my .40 thunder tiger
Old 10-17-2002, 06:58 PM
HitecRedneck

Default Lazer 3D motor

From what I've seen and had flying the Hacker system is the way to go but then the stock set up really flys the plane fine. It's your choice.
Old 10-19-2002, 07:40 AM
RC_Eflyer-RCU

Default Lazer 3D motor

I'd go with the Hacker. One of my buddies has the Hacker setup and he has nearly unlimited vertical. The Astro although it will power it with authority won't give you the performance you're wanting if you're putting a BL motor in.

I believe the Hacker of choice is the B20 15L

--Paul
Old 12-07-2002, 05:46 AM
cmagistr

Default Lazer 3D motor

What did you finally do with your Lazer? I didn't want to spend the money on a brushless so I put a BB 280 brush motor and a BB gearbox. It improved flight, although, won't 3D. It'll do nice loops and rolls.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:35 AM
RC_Eflyer-RCU

Default Lazer 3D motor

I haven't personally flown the ML3D so I can't be comepletly sure, but I think the 3D part of the equation is merely a label, that doesn't quite apply to it. (Some 3D, but not a whole lot)

This is from what I've heard from others, and watching my buddy fly his Hacker powered version. There are so many "3D" kits out there that couldn't 3D to save your life.

--Paul