Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Maiden Flight with SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 08:08 PM
binspoonal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maiden Flight with SS

I finally had my maiden flight with the slow stick this evening, first time I've flown anything... It turned out pretty good. My initial take off resulted in a hard nose dive into the ground
After removing the engine and fixing the drive train, the force of the nose dive popped out the washers that the spure in a tight mesh with the motor gear.
I went back out and had two pretty decent flights. I believe my CG may be to far forward b/c I wasnt able to get her to climb above 20-25 ft. The second flight ended with a broken prop. All in all I'm very satisfied with my first flight. I'll stock up on the props, posibly rig up a prop saver and go out for some more fun!
Old 07-20-2005, 08:22 PM
carlf
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Maiden Flight with SS

Great news Bins,

The SS is my 3rd plane and I just got it in June. I had it balanced level on the CG and the first 6 flights I had were mediocre at best. It has enough power to fly but it was tail heavy.

I taped 2 quarters to the fuse right behind the motor and it flew like a champ...

Goood Luck to ya!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:08 AM
Beowulf

You'll have fun with it, just be wary of the winds. Last flight I had I decided to fly it in some decent winds (about 10 mph) and a gust blew it into a tree which resulted in the gear being stripped clean
Old 07-21-2005, 05:35 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

definitely install a prop saver, it willl not only save the prop but it also takes a lot of strain off the gearbox on those not so perfect landings.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:40 PM
NJ Flyer 72
My Feedback: (2)

Congratulations . The Slow Stick was my first plane too. Why don't you check out the GWS forum over at REgroups.com http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=167 You can post a picture in the first thread there (GWS Model Notes and Pictures Vol III )