Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Need help building the Magpie

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 12:31 AM
xray328
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help building the Magpie

On step 4. it says to attach 1/64" plywood to the leading and trailing edge to add strength to the rubber band attachment points.. Am I supposed to bend the wood to make it take the shape of the wing? Also, how far forward should it sit? Its a square piece on a curved leading edge.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:00 PM
DougBinder

Default RE: Need help building the Magpie

Over time, the rubber bands used to hold the wings on will dig into the foam. I added these pieces of ply to rest on the foam to distribute the loads over a greater area. Position them right up against the leading and trailing edges. You may want to slit the front plate to about 3/4 of the way back to help it conform to the LE shape.

Doug
Old 07-26-2005, 08:46 AM
gul532

Default RE: Need help building the Magpie

When I built my Magpie I couldn't see any plywood to be attached on the parts of rubber band fastening, maybe in the new version it include the plywoods.
I just taped four layers of packing tape to add strength on the rubber bands parts and so far no problem at all!