Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Will the Mustang Battery fit in the stryker?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Will the Mustang Battery fit in the stryker?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 04:45 PM
black bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will the Mustang Battery fit in the stryker?

I'm just wondering if the p-51 battery will work in the stryker without upgrading anything else?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:33 PM
flyingace451

Default RE: Will the Mustang Battery fit in the stryker?

Are you talking about the lipo? Or the batt you get with the stock setup?

I have heard of people using the P-51 lipos in their strykers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the P-51 batt (stock one) is the same as the stock stryker batt. It might have 1 more cell but I recal them being the same.

Someone else better respond, too. All this info was gotten off of the internet, not from my exp.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

black bear,
Either battery, reg pack or lipo will work. For how long is another question.
If memory serves me correct the stock motor is a 6 volt unit. Uping the voltage will make it run faster but also shorten it's life. But at $10.00 a pop you can afford to thrash them.
One other word of warning, if you use the lipo. The standard Rx/Esc combo is not set for lipos. The cut off voltage is to low. If you run the lipo pack down below 9 volts, you just kissed $60.00+ goodbye. The only way to attempt to get around this, with stock Rx/Esc, would be to time your flights. You would have to fly for a short while, land, check pack voltage, and repeat. Untill you know how long you can fly. Then you have to cut that time for safety sake.
Other then that, you could buy the Mustang Rx/Esc and put it in your bird, as it does have a lipo setting.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:18 PM
sjchmura

The p51 9-cell pack does work in the Stryker. I HIGHLY recommend the $2.99 "6-cell" low pitch prop. THe speed is incredible.

WIth 9-cells is is NOSE HEAVY. You MUST cut out foam and push it back.

A better solution is to get s $18 cheapbatterypack.com 9-cell 750AA custom pack. These weigh LESS than the 7-cell so it glides great and has longer run time (due to better current output) then the P51 pack (and the $18 is nice).

So far my motor is not getting too hot. Then again my glihgt times are <10 minutes. I also do alot of stalls, kill the engine, etc, that may cool it down.

Oh, and they are $6 motors

Steve