Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

How to upgrade the PZ J-3's motor to the venom 370

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

How to upgrade the PZ J-3's motor to the venom 370

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 08:57 PM
fatflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to upgrade the PZ J-3's motor to the venom 370

O.k. I have poured through these posts to find out everything I might need for this upgrade. So far I have found out that:

I need the moter
I need a Pinion Gear, 12T 0.4 Module 2mm ID (manufacturer E-flight) available on horizon hobby

My question, will the motor's positive and negative power source fit the PZ receiver or is there another modifier I need.

Also whoever suggested the foam in the nose is a genius! I am going to try it out once my new fuselage comes in.

Plus I would love to see everyone's pait schemes if you have painted. I want to paint my new fuselage and I want some ideas.

Old 08-17-2005, 06:03 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to upgrade the PZ J-3's motor to the venom 370

ORIGINAL: fatflyer

O.k. I have poured through these posts to find out everything I might need for this upgrade. So far I have found out that:

I need the moter
I need a Pinion Gear, 12T 0.4 Module 2mm ID (manufacturer E-flight) available on horizon hobby

My question, will the motor's positive and negative power source fit the PZ receiver or is there another modifier I need.

Also whoever suggested the foam in the nose is a genius! I am going to try it out once my new fuselage comes in.

Plus I would love to see everyone's pait schemes if you have painted. I want to paint my new fuselage and I want some ideas.

You'll need to solder the original leads from the old motor to the Venom, so you can use the same hook ups. Also the motor is a tight fit, you may need to remove the decal from it to slide into the gearbox. You'll need to open up the mount holes as the V has a different width between the holes and you need correct size screw/bolts to install. Or tape the motor in place.