Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

world models Mustang EP battery under wing?!

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

world models Mustang EP battery under wing?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 08:40 PM
carlrich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default world models Mustang EP battery under wing?!

Has anyone seen a review or some way to create a top hatch to get to the battery on the electric p51 from world models distributed by Airborne models? 39.5 " wing. Code E194. Must currently remove three screws and wing to change the battery and fly!

Carl
Old 09-02-2005, 10:08 PM
AeroCat
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: world models Mustang EP battery under wing?!

Hey Carl, it's Steve. That sounds crappy. Bring it Monday, maybe we can rig something up.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Jagzilla

There's a huge thread over at the "other" website devoted to R/C that shows how one guy cut a hatch on the top of the plane. Didn't look that terribly difficult. I find with mine that removing the 2 screws that hold the wing on is not that big of a deal. I made the wing servo wires longer so it's easier to handle the wing away from the fuselage.
J
Old 09-03-2005, 07:49 AM
carlrich

Jagzilla, would you let me know the name of the other website so I can check out the thread you mentioned? Sounds like it would be really helpful. By the way did you notice your mustang being really nose heavy? I am using a thunderpower 2100 mah 3 cell pack that weighs 150 grams which isn't much. In fact it's the same weight as the small 7 cell pack I use in my Stryker. I've got it as far back as it can go by the servos and I'm still a bit nose heavy according to CG given in directions.
That was the easiest ARF I ever put together!
Old 09-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Jagzilla

Here's the link you need:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356812

Mine's nose heavy as well. I run a Warp 4 brushless on an aluminum gearbox with an aluminum mount. Apogee 2050 3 cell for the fire. For the life of me, I can't seem to land the thing without nosing over almost every time. I've bent the landing gear as far forward as I dare, and put big, ugly gws wheels on it. I fly of a grass field, and the bigger wheels help. I've just changed the thrust angle of the motor this morning, as I was noticing it really had a tendency to want to climb, even though I consider it nose heavy. It will be interesting to see how it flies now, when I take it out later today.
J
Old 12-10-2006, 11:34 PM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

I just bought the Miss America Version of the WM EP P51. Is the stock 400 motor any good. What battery can I use with it.
It states it needs a 1000mah 8 cell pack. What is that a transmitter battery pack. Can I use a Li-Po pack with that
motor if so what size.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:44 AM
Jagzilla

Basil,
I flew mine with a brushless setup immediately, and a 1500 3 cell lipo. Personally, I find the supplied brushed motors that come with these types of kits fairly marginal at best, with no reserve power on tap. I've tried with other kits in the past, but allways thrown in the towel, and gone brushless. It's just my opinion, but I'd drop the 400, and go straight to a brushless. This of course adds far more expense to the kit, but in my opinion, it's the only way to go.

A 1000 Mah battery recommended? That'll be fairly short flight times with a 400 brushed. Again, junk it, save the weight, and get a lipo.
Jag
Old 12-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

If I use the supplied 400 brushed motor to start out with what Li-po battery and charger can I use that I can also use when I switch to the brushless motor.
I heard from where I purchased the model that retrofitting a brushless motor is difficult. Do you know a Brushless replacment motor that can go in the
model with simular dimentions as the supplied 400. Any name brand motors and batteries. I like the prices at MPI Maxx products.