Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Foamie Build Using 540 Motor & Sub Cs?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Foamie Build Using 540 Motor & Sub Cs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 09:53 AM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foamie Build Using 540 Motor & Sub Cs?

I know this isn't the right forum for this but there seems to be much better traffic hear and thus a better chance at an answer. I've got a few 540 motors sitting around from Aerobird Extremes and some 3300ma 6 and 7 cell Sub C packs I've built. I'd like to try my hand at building a foamie with this setup. I'm looking at either a large Stryker type delta wing, a flying wing, something along the lines of a B2 Stealth bomber, or even a glider or war bird build. I know almost nothing about foamie builds so if anybody could point me to ANY free plans that use this motor and Sub Cs that would be great. I also would figure that I wouldn't need a gear box since this motor is wired for planes and using the stock prop can push close to five pounds into the air (I think the Extreme weighs about that). I also need any links to how to work with foam builds and where to get the stuff. I think I heard you can buy it at Home Depot? Thanks in advance.

By the way, this motor draws about 20 amps and I might even be interested in building a dual motor type plane like a bomber or such. Can I run two of these motors off a single 50 amp speed control? Not sure what the C rating of my 3300ma packs is though so have to check that.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:29 AM
StephenT

Default RE: Foamie Build Using 540 Motor & Sub Cs?

CH

I flew a 3.75 pound Modeltech Magic with a geared 540-600 motor. Make something that weighs around 3 pounds and has a 4 ft wing spand. Get Blue core or coroplast plans from spadtothebone.com
Old 09-15-2005, 01:37 PM
kuzikood
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Foamie Build Using 540 Motor & Sub Cs?

man ive got a bunch of old 540's and the like and a astroflight cobalt 25 geared..........and cant think of anything to use them on ....hmmmm i also need to figure out a way to build a plane out of coathangers and my welder .....hmmmmmmmmm ok so im a freak oh well

-kuzi-