Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Maiden flight with a loop :P

Old 09-15-2005, 09:35 PM
zenwong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maiden flight with a loop :P

WOW, the aerobird challenger is a great plane, very easy to fly (dont know how people crash em). On my first flight i even did 3 loops in a row! The control with this plane is the best!

I also decided to take my parkzone cub out for a spin, was kinda scared but did it anyways... it took off into the sky, after about 5 seconds it was 150-200ft airborn (damn newb mode!) was kind of hard to fly with the beginner mode activated.. everytime you turn the plan it wants to do a nose up! making it hard to steer! other than that i had no problems! on its first flight it also got to bust out 4 loops in a row! controls a bit diff than the aerobird.. things just happen faster but other than that its about the same, althought the aerobird is my fav at the moment!

I did however crash the cub wasnt too bad, but because of the beginner controls it made the plane very very very hard to land or even decrease in alt. anyways it was coming in for a smooth landing i went to shift it into the wind and when i turned, the noise flew up then straight down! into the road! :X

All is ok just a small crack in the nose plastic i just super glued back and taped, as good as new! Im going to be doing the carbon fiber mod for the wing in the cub, as when i was doing the loops i could hear the wind slap the wings like it was a dirty ***** on christmas eve!

Whoever came up with that carbon fiber mod for the aerobirds VERY GOOD!! It works soo well! i even got some small metal pole peices kind of like the carbon fiber but lighter, made it into a V shape but not as much a V as the V-tail is.. added some tape and pressure and WAM! no more g-force pushed out V-tail! works good!

BTW anyone other mods i can do for the parkzone j3 cub? i really would like to to take off from a rolling start, so far i tried it once and it was not pretty at all! seems like the cub is too heavy? it was going fine then as soon as it got off the ground, it took a hard left and rolled upside down! Just glad nothing broke.

I would love to add the propeller mod! which one fits without modding? It doent seem to be able to cruise around too well
and also i would like to know which landing gear wheels to get? maybe some bigger ones?

Thanks for everyones help, its really helped me out alot!
-Zen
Old 09-15-2005, 10:32 PM
spinit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maiden flight with a loop :P

Zen - Here is a lot of good cub info [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1804194/tm.htm]ParkZone J-3 Cub[/link]...have fun reading

spinit.