Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Storing all my planes

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 08:39 AM
deli_conker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storing all my planes

I posted this a few days ago, but I think I put it in the wrong area...

Just wondering how you guys store your planes. I live in an apartment and am looking for some tips. I've got a a GWS slow stick, a parkflyers cessna 182 (4 channel w/ my electronics) and a 3 channel super decathalon (parkzone with my electronics). I have the first two on a long deep shelf (wings off), but this next plane simply won't fit.

Is there a better way? Is it possible to hang the from the wall by their landing gear? (I know, it sounds cruel but I'm sure they won't feel a thing)

Just wondering how everybody else does it.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Storing all my planes

Hey Deli,
Long time. I hang all my birds, on the garage walls. Using the tail wheel to hang the Stang,Cub, Slo-V. A nail in one of the holes in the bottom of the fuselage for the Stryker, and the open battery slot on the Stang with out wheels.
Maybe in your case, build a peg board that you could hang up. Using long pegs, you could hang them all in stacked positions.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:06 AM
stuk_at_work
My Feedback: (111)

For my small electrics, I do the following:

Find a cardboard box wide enough for the fuselage to fit into, and 2 to 3 inches taller than the distance from the front of the wing to the nose of the plane. I use a box that is about 10" deep, 12" wide and 12" high. Cut two "channels", rounded on the bottom on opposite sides of the box to hold the wings. The holes I cut are just deep enough so that the nose of the plane "rests" on the bottom of the box.

To store a plane, put it nose first into the box (tail sticking up in the air). The "beauty" of this system is that it takes up very little shelf depth (a standard 11 1/2 shelf is OK), only requiring height. If you angle the plane in the box, you can position the box on the shelf so the most fragile parts (the tail) are out of harms way. I'll try to take a picture later when I get home.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:39 PM
WolfeWind

I use PVC racks that I made myself for about $15 each. It is basically a rectangle that stands on a base (made using "T"s) with 9" straight peices sticking straight out of the rectangle and covered with pipe insulation which are used as wing rests on each side of the fuse. You can stack 6 to 10 planes from floor to ceiling, and you can just keep adding another set of wing rests as your hangar grows.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:20 PM
deli_conker

GG - Yeah, long. I figured that I better practice up a little before I get that stryker. Considering that they came out with a new model recently, it looks like its good that I waited. Anyways, I don't have a garage or other workshop type area. And for some reason, my gf doesn't think that aircraft hanging from the living room walls as proper decor. I'll never understand women...

s_a_w - That sounds like a good idea but I've no shelving with a 3.5 foot 'space'. Sounds like a good idea though. I like the hang from the walls just because I don't have to take off the wings. Maybe if I didn't have kids the box idea would work for me, but I know that little hands would play with them...

WW - I kinda understand what you're talking about. A picture would help though. Any chance you can put one up?