Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

WattAge Micro Flyer- Info? Let's hear it!

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

WattAge Micro Flyer- Info? Let's hear it!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 07:57 AM
jettstarblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WattAge Micro Flyer- Info? Let's hear it!

Hey, been flying a long time and I thought I'd try one of these for a change of pace.

The box says "For ages 10 and over" so that would include me by about 33 years.

A few things about this plane-
1. It's kinda fast for a little kid to be flying. I can't imagine a 10 year old flying it, or anyone with no R/C experience for that matter. It was fairly in trim, but I did have to bend the trailing edge of the horizontal stab down so it wouldn't immediately climb into a stall.
2. It's Not the easiest to control, maybe because I'm used to "conventional" radio control.
3. I had to add a drop of CA to the prop shaft- the prop kept coming off as soon as I'd hit the "throttle" button.
4. It's a blast to fly! I haven't laughed like this while flying for a long time!

Now a couple of questions for those that have one of these, or know anything about them-
1. Is it geared or direct drive?
2. Anyone have one of these? They are now available for 29.99, I got mine at a hobby shop for that price- Hobby Universe in PA.

I'm sure you can use the motor and the rudder actuator in a lot of different small balsa and tissue models of you get tired of the foam model.