Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

MM Magpie Flight Duration

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 11:33 AM
jr05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MM Magpie Flight Duration

I am looking into getting a MM magpie and was wondering what people are getting for flight times with this plane and the recommended KAN 650's. Just want to know what I should expect when I get mine in the air. Thanks
Old 10-01-2005, 01:42 AM
Tailspin Ken

Default RE: MM Magpie Flight Duration

Jr05,
I fly my Magpie with that battery. Wth the GWS 350c motor and a 1080 prop and the aileron wing, I usually get 8 to 10 minutes, depending on throttle management. With the same motor and a 9070 prop and the slowflyer wing (for lazy flying and catching thermals), I have flown 30 minutes and brought her down due to boredom. If I don't catch any thermals, the flight lasts about 12 minutes. Another thing you can do to extend flight with the slowflyer wing is to climb, then shut the motor off and glide. This plane has outstanding glide properties. you will love the MAGPIE!
Ken
Old 10-01-2005, 09:16 AM
gul532

Yes, It is true..

The Magpie is really nice plane with gliding tendency, endurable.
My Magpie has a Trainer, slowflyer wing and actually I land with boredom, so I am building a Sport wing which has less dihedral and shorter wingspan.

jr05, you will never be disappointed with the Magpie if you are a biginner pilot.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:01 PM
jr05

glad to hear I chose a good plane! I can't wait to build it (slow fly wing first, then sport....I got both). It sounds like it will be great, hope I can put it together alright....first build for me. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:19 AM
gul532

Hi, jr05!

In my experience it took quite a long time to finish the Magpie, maybe time available only in the evening due to my work.
You need epoxy glue, sharp X'acto knife, sand paper, colored wing tapes and 3M 77 super spray glue, etc.
After thoroughly reading over the instruction manual many times you get into building the Magpie.

I finished building a Sport wing which has one aileron servo on top of the wing, and I am going to fly this Saturday in the club field.
I am afraid it would be postponed with the weather forcast predicting 'Rain'.
That is the typical weather in Melbourne, Australia. There are four seasons in a day here, we say.

Good Luck to your Magpie!