Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

UPDATE..The best $30 r/c plane you may own

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

UPDATE..The best $30 r/c plane you may own

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 07:10 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE..The best $30 r/c plane you may own

I started a thread a while back about $25 r/c RTF planes { the preserver/the supersonic} ..both of which I felt flew very nicely for the money...of course they both came with nimh flight packs and did not have any type of throttle control other then on/off...well I would like to inform you of an incredible flying RTF r/c plane now avialiable...its called the AEROACE by airhogs and I just bought 1 at toys r us {stk # is 203917 for this plane and you may be better off asking for it that way} these things seem to be flying off the shelf..as there was only 1 left and I bought it to try it out...THIS PLANE ROCKS ..for $30..heres what you get ...A rtf biplane thats made from epp foam..wingspan is an astonishingly small 9" and length is around the same..it comes with a lipo built into the plane...and the charger also charges the lipo...it has 2 thrust differential type motors jus like the other planes mentioned above...but get this,,,it has proportional speed control...it seems to actually have around 5 different speeds controllable by the left joystick {jus like a real r/c setup} turning is still done thru differential..but this plane also has a TRIM SETTING...jus like 72 mhz radio systems...I just came back from my 1st flight..and this thing is a Gem...got around 11 minutes flight..and only needed to stay in the 2nd increment of the motor speed...at that setting the plane flew with authority and did a slow steady climb..I did give it full throttle a few times..but I noticed when doing that it likes to porpoise up and stall { which is what happens to most of these type small r/c planes} it was very relaxing..and I would recommnend this to anyone..keeping in mind it cant handle alot of wind...maybe 5mph tops...of course it so light..even if you do crash it..theres generally no damage..I got 1 flight in tonite..and was able to land in in my hand...check it out...
Old 10-02-2005, 10:22 PM
kernelsandirs

Default RE: UPDATE..The best $30 r/c plane you may own

Anyone else seen these anywhere, I would like to try one like this a bit before I drive my sky scooter into the ground again ;-) I look it up on the airhogs site and the page is not there, and all the other posts around the web seem to be from a TommyR(maybe he works for airhogs and is trying to hype it up a bit :-)) anyway sounds like a fun little plane, maybe I'll check with Toys R Us tomorrow. I have not seen a pic of the plance anywhere either, someone else posted somewhere that airhogs won't have it on their site till Nov.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:32 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

www.airhogs . com...its there..no video of it flying yet..but it has stats..and pictures..
Old 10-02-2005, 10:57 PM
kernelsandirs

I see it now, Firefox was messing up the page, looks like a fun little plane, I'll try to pick one up if I can find one, Thanks.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:20 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

another update on the AEROACE....it comes as a biplane..but took off the bottom wing today and flew it...and it even flys better then its stk setup...at 1st throttle increment..it climbs like a homesik angel...it has a stk 130 mah -1s lipo in it..but I just ordered a 1s-220 mah lipo..it is about 1.2 grams heavier then the stk lipo..but I dont think the plane will have a problem handling the xtra weight..and should give over 20 minutes of flightime...
Old 10-04-2005, 12:19 AM
kernelsandirs

cool, anyone out there know how to get a hold of one of these little planes, I called Toys R Us and they said they did not have them, I used the stock number Posted earlier, but they have never heard of it. This would be a cool plane to fly in my front yard.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:43 AM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

1st time I called my local toys r us..they told me the same thing...seriously...I called back next day...got another person..and they told me there were 4 in stk...so I told them to check and see./...and they told me only 1 was left..so I grabbed it...
Old 10-04-2005, 10:47 AM
kernelsandirs

I'll have to go by there today, the employees I've talked to are way too "I Love Tater Tots" for me to deal with, I'll go have a look. :-)
Old 10-04-2005, 06:04 PM
csimmer

I stopped by my TRU tonight and they had 4 on the shelf in different colors/freq.
Brought it home- plenty of power, but it flies very twitchy for me. The radio range seems
pretty short- after 30 feet or so it lost ability to turn, and when it loses radio
it seems to keep the power on. It's very durable, though, which is good because
turning sharply often puts it into a nosedive.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:20 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

csimmer..if you can solder...you can eaisly make the antenna longer...30-40 cms will make your range much better...I have done this..and I used magnet wire as my antenna..I can now stand at 1 end of a baseball diamond field in a schollyard..and take the plane to the other end of the field without losing control..you may want to put a lil weight in the front of the nose..like a 5mm washer..this will make it fly more stable...almost all of these lil 27mhz toy r/c planes need tweaking..they will genrally fly out of the box..but with a few moments of mods..you can improve there performance greatly..ive ordered 2- 220 mah-1s lipos for mine.this should easily give me 20 minutes of powered flight...the plane is sticky taped together in 2 halves..and is quite simple to dissamble to get to the guts and do a few mods
Old 10-04-2005, 10:05 PM
kernelsandirs

Hey cool, I went by Toys R Us after work, and they had 4-5 Aero Aces, I picked one up, but it's way too windy here in Vegas to attempt to fly it, I wish my house was bigger ;-)
Old 10-10-2005, 06:58 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

whats really amazing about this lil aeroace...is that it is easily getting 10 minuetes of full flight per charge {which only takes about 20 minutes off the transmitter charger} ,,,but I recently checked the voltage of the 1s-lipo in the plane after a full charge off the transmitter..and it only goes to a charge of 4.02 volts..and cuts off...so the battery isnt near the 4.2volts full charge it is capable of handling..I took the lipo out of the plane and made it so I can give it a full charge on my home plug in charger...with 4.2volts in it..it should not only have more power..but stay up at least a couple more minutes...
Old 10-10-2005, 10:56 PM
kernelsandirs

let me know how that goes, although the 10+ minutes I am getting is pretty damn good, but a little more speed would be cool.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:45 PM
sabre scientist

I have been flying one of these for a week now and am stll amazed at the performance. The first one I got though had the same issues as CSIMMER [poor range and control] the one I have now has at least 150' probably more,has snappy response, and will climb to more than 100'. In calm wind I can steer with the trim. Good Flying, Scientist
Old 10-20-2005, 05:57 PM
kernelsandirs

Mine is still doing great after almost 3 weeks flying almost every day, many many crashes due to gusts or whatnot, my range is easily 300ft or more, I flew it accross a large park and ran it into a pole(on purpose) just to see if I could hit a target far away and it recovers perfectly(when high enough) and flew it back. Fun little flyer for my front porch. I added a little washer to the nose and it flys much smoother.