Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Formosa Wing and Fuse Questions. Is this right?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Formosa Wing and Fuse Questions. Is this right?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 10:08 AM
RussF
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formosa Wing and Fuse Questions. Is this right?

I bought a GWS Formosa from Tower about a month ago. I got some time to build it and when I was inspecting all the parts I noticed the main wing had alot of negative dihdral (spelling?). I dont know if that is the proper term but I thought the wing would be curved the other way or at least flat. Is this wing supposed to be like this? The rear stab seems flat and in good shape.

Also the fuse seems slightly bowed as well. I might be able to get it straighter when glueing it but I think it should be straighter to start with.

I have attached some pictures. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13466.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	344280   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr56138.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	344281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75198.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	344282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr48547.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	344283  
Old 10-26-2005, 10:32 AM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Formosa Wing and Fuse Questions. Is this right?

Just straighted the fuse as you glue it together and don't worry about the wing. It will fly ok.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:54 PM
gigelus2k3

Just checked my Formosa (which hangs conveniently in the cubicle at work) and it doesn't have any dihedral on the wing.

Don't worry about it though; it should fly fine, especially when considering that the wing will flex in flight anyway.

About the fuse, yes, this plane is known to have an issue with it. My LHS guy warned me when I bought the kit and I saw mentions of the issue many times in this forum (and the other one as well...). All you have to do is to glue the halves making sure that the fuse is straight and disregarding the fact that the edges don't fit correctly (one half will be shifted up). It's easy to level out the uneven edges, much more difficult to straighten a bent fuse.

B.t.w., don't forget to carve the battery hole to fit your pack as forward as possible. Once you glue the fuse, it's much more difficult to do it.

Serban
Old 10-31-2005, 10:38 AM
RussF
My Feedback: (4)

Well I called Tower and they said it shouldnt be that way. So they sent me a brand new one. Upon inspecting it the new one, it is very straight. No bends or wierd looking wings. So I'm glad I didnt build the first one. Thanks Tower for the great customer support.