Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Any Info on the Mako Jet from Sharkjaw Toys?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Any Info on the Mako Jet from Sharkjaw Toys?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Redwoodflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Info on the Mako Jet from Sharkjaw Toys?

I recently saw a mention in Wired Magazine about a new plane called the Mako Jet from Sharkjaw Toys. It looks to be an amazing plane, according to the videos on the company website: http://www.iwatoyco.com/products.html

I have contacted the company a few times to get more info but have not heard anything back. Does anyone know more about this promising airplane? Thanks.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:05 AM
shelden3

Default RE: Any Info on the Mako Jet from Sharkjaw Toys?

I sent an email back in December and received a reply yesterday to announce they were shipping them. The designer is here in OKC from what I understand and they are shipping as soon as CC confirmation is given or payment is sent. There is some discussion on RC Groups on this product as well.

Charlie
Old 06-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Redwoodflyer

Thanks very much for the heads up. I will look forward to learning more about this model - it sounds very promising.

Happy flying to you.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:52 PM
rdeis
My Feedback: (1)

Wow, old thread!

The Mako had serious, serious problems in the components that were included. Underrated Lipos, poor radios, etc. It was discontinued almost immediately, and Sharkjaw blamed all of the problems on the production facility in China. There was a legal fight over the remaining stock, and the production guys stole and ebay'd a bunch of it for really low prices. (But bursting in to flame in flight isn't cool no matter how cheap the plane is!)

They have a new one out now called the Viper Shark that's a bit larger with higher aspect ratio wings which is supposedly made by a different production facility using much better equipment. RTF with radio and all for $180. So far I haven't heard any reports from people that have bought them, though, so I don't know much other than what's been said on RC Groups.

I'd like to find out more, it's a really interesting airframe.