Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

ParkZone Typhoon Lipo question

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

ParkZone Typhoon Lipo question

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Jeff S.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ParkZone Typhoon Lipo question

Typhoon Lipo Help

I recently purchased a ParkZone Typhoon and flew it a couple of times with the 9 cell 1000mah pack that came with it. The instructions that came with the plane indicate that I could upgrade the battery to a Thunder Tiger 3 cell 2100mah pack for longer flight times. My local hobby store did not have one in stock but they did have a 3 cell 2200mah pack from DuraLite so I bought that one. After charging the new pack, I plugged the new pack into the plane and the ESC immediatley began to smoke.

What would cause this ESC to smoke? Was it because I used a 2200mah pack instead of a 2100mah pack?

Thanks for your help,
Jeff
Old 12-29-2005, 01:20 PM
jcrack_corn

Default RE: ParkZone Typhoon Lipo question

strange.

did you have to change the connectors? (polarity reversed?).....and does the bat say 3 cell/11.1v on it (they may have sold you a 3c but handed you a 4c).

the mah rating doesnt matter...just a weight/size issue.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:31 PM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: ParkZone Typhoon Lipo question

Yeh sounds like reversed polarity assuming your battery is 11.1 vlts. I presume you soldered your own leads and plug. Was your ESC programmed for Lipo?