Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Simprop Cap 321 ex Anyone have one?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Simprop Cap 321 ex Anyone have one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 02:41 AM
jetspud

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Simprop Cap 321 ex Anyone have one?

Was thinking of getting this kit for christmas to fly in the Hangar were I work at. Any experiences with this one.

Thanks for the info

David Elizondo
Old 11-19-2002, 11:07 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am pretty sure that if you search this forum you will find that this model was recently discussed...
Old 11-22-2002, 10:42 AM
blabree-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had one for about three months. It looks great and flies good. I have about 18 flights on mine. It is a little faster than I would have liked as I also had plans to fly in a large bldg. I would not entertain flying this plane indoors. A calm day or evening outside in a large sport field is okay.
I liked the plane to build except for a few things. The instructions were sketchy in a few places, the wheel pants were worthless and thrown away, and the motor gear drive/spinner arrangement is cheesey and very noisy. I think that it is almost as loud as a small glow engine. I would not get anything but a ball bearing power unit if I were doing it again. Actually, the best one that Simprop offers would have been better, but who knew? Any thing other than a Simprop power unit will require adaptation to make it fit/work in the airframe. One last thing, the plane has a very very tender skin/finish.

Hope this helps.
blabree
Old 12-04-2002, 04:47 PM
Mike Parsons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just finished building this plane. I have not bought a power unit yet although it is set up for the GreatPlanes Power Drive. It builds very easy. The only thing I did not like was how they want your to mount the servo to control the Ailerons. I would do it differently next time with the servo mounted higher in the wing and using a push/pull linkage to the Aileron rods. Other than that small detail, I love the way it looks and is balanced perfectly. Just need to get a power system and hit the field in the freezing cold!!