Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Alfa Corsair question

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 06:22 PM
matt rumsey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alfa Corsair question

Okay I finally bought one and I love the performance and the look in the air, but I have burned out two motors already. I am not really wanting to get into the brushless for this one, yet. I am using the Graupner Speed 300 6V motor, 5:1 gearbox, 9 x 6 SF Prop, 25 AMP ESC and a 3 cell 1500 mAh LiPo. Motocalc shows the numbers are just in line and it flys great like I said but I've burned out two of these motors (not a big deal as they are cheap). I didn't have any holes cut into the cowling before and I wonder if this will be my big fix. Does anyone have any better advice. I've been managing my throttle and only WOT for a few seconds. It flies fast enough at half throttle.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Stink Bomb SBD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alfa Corsair question

A 400 size motor can successfully handle a 3 cell lipo. I would recommend trying one of them, as they are also pretty cheap.