Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Anyone flown an Ultrafly Ultimate?

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Anyone flown an Ultrafly Ultimate?

Old 01-09-2006, 07:57 PM
medcinmn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone flown an Ultrafly Ultimate?

Good looking plane, does anyone have any first hand experience with one?
Old 01-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Jagzilla

Default RE: Anyone flown an Ultrafly Ultimate?

I just finished building mine tonight. I like what I see with it so far. Looking forward to the maiden as soon as the weather smartens up!
J
Old 01-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Trogdor the Burninator

Very nice plane. airfoiled wings make it glide nice, can be a floater but also does super fast snaps, excellent straight down elevators in a slight 2-3mph wind, torque roll and hover nicely, flat spins pretty well, knife edge well on the left side but horrible on the right - still trying to figure that one out, Harriers easily, harrier rolls pretty good too. Overall a good plane. Don't forget the carbon in the wing struts - had a local loose the top wing but still land it. 200+ watts is great.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:31 PM
medcinmn

Dang! I wish I would've seen it before I ordered the parts to fix my crashed foam Edge.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:27 PM
scottbral

I have had mine built for about a week now. It is an awesome plane. It flies with authority, is a very solid airframe. I ran it with the Ultrafly 3:1 gearbox and 10x7 prop and the A/30/29 motor. Holy crap it was fast! I was faster than alot of glow planes at the field and I could hover it also. Just went to the 3.89:1 and 11x4.5 prop - have not flown with that set up yet. Expecting to hover even better and losing some speed.

Roll rates at max throw on dual rate are blistering fast and sharp and precise. Harrier landings are my favorite and this does them with ease. Power off it just hangs in the air on the way down. Snap rolls are VERY sharp and fast. I'm loving mine. I'll try to get some video to post.

Happy Flying

God wants a relationship with us all thru his son Jesus. He loves us and is pursuing you right now. Will you answer his call?