Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Wing Dragon ESC problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 02:21 PM
dwieland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing Dragon ESC problem?

Picked up a Art-Tech Wing Dragon off of eBay. After hitting the "arming" button, the motor will operate and then cut off. If I hit the arming button again, the motor will operate, but as I move the throttle through various speeds it cuts off at random points.

Anyone know if this is just a result of a poor quality ESC? If so, recommendations for replacement?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 01-14-2006, 10:01 PM
snewpy

Default RE: Wing Dragon ESC problem?

I've got one. It's been great. Maybe your battery voltage is low, it cuts out when it's run down. I would recommend getting a decent peak charger, the ac adapter that comes with it has no full charge shut-off so your battery can be damaged if you leave it on too long.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:53 AM
dwieland

Default RE: Wing Dragon ESC problem?

Measured the voltage on the battery and it read about 7.9v. Recharged and the problem seemed to go away. Very unstable apparently when the voltage gets below 8 volts. Will have to make sure a spare is on hand.

Thanks,
Dan