Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Need advice on good 2nd park flyer airplane

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Need advice on good 2nd park flyer airplane

Old 01-20-2006, 10:20 PM
banzai10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on good 2nd park flyer airplane

I need some advice on getting a 2nd airplane, preferably an electric park flyer. I have had a year of experience with a hobbyzone Aerobird Challenger, and have covered the basics with the help of an instructor. Anyone's opinion would be appreciated.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:51 PM
steve ypsi mi

Default RE: Need advice on good 2nd park flyer airplane

I have about 20 models mostly GWS, the link here is to the slope glider E Starter
http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...9f68df8167d258

With a 350 motor it flys nice but with a High Kv brushless motor and a 3 cell it is faster than your plane, this can be flown with a 2 cell then switch to 3 cell w/a brushless, it can be flown with ele & rudder but with the Ele and airlons it really turns and does things well, it is a tough plane, wing is about 3/4 thick one piece
heres a movie on skis with Ele and rudder controls and a brusshed motor I believe it was a 400 motor
http://gwsparts.com/movies/E%20Start...2058%20sec.wmv
the Funny park is another with the dual 350 motor w a 2 cell go's like crazy, I also buy the slope glider so I can put my choise of motor on it, the funny park is tail heavy but with the dual 350 it balances out with out and added weight

http://home.comcast.net/~slevinski/D...Park_movie.wmv
It would be hard for me to pick between the E starter or Funny park, maybe a newer person The E starter would be better and either one can be flown with less throttle to learn on, they botrh handle well at slow speed or if you are experienced fly fast
Old 01-24-2006, 12:58 PM
BobbyGee
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: banzai10

I need some advice on getting a 2nd airplane, preferably an electric park flyer. I have had a year of experience with a hobbyzone Aerobird Challenger, and have covered the basics with the help of an instructor. Anyone's opinion would be appreciated.

If you feel up to building one, take a look at either the SmoothE or the Dandy Sport from Mountain Models. Great second airplanes.

http://www.mountainmodels.com

BobbyG

Old 01-24-2006, 01:59 PM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My first plane was/is a GWS E-Starter on ailerons/elevator/throttle contol, stock 350 motor, 2S 1200 LiPo, no landing gear. Nothing fancy, flies well in a trainer role.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:40 PM
jjflash

I got a 4 chnl Begin-Air for my second plane and still like flying it. There are some deals on ebay for begin-air planes this week.

http://toys.search.ebay.com/begin-ai...Z1QQsofocusZbs
Old 01-24-2006, 05:12 PM
redgiki

For pure "go-anywhere" factor, I love the ParkZone Stryker. I'm not a huge fan of the electronics, but it's a tough bird, has a respectable flight envelope (from about 40-50MPH stock down to below walking speed in either an upright or inverted Harrier), and is a blast to fly. It's the only plane I feel comfortable tossing into the trunk on top of the luggage, knowing that it won't be much the worse for wear.

At least one LiPo battery is a recommended upgrade. It really transforms the bird from a bit of a waddler at high altitudes into an impressive flyer. And if you hope it up with standard electronics and brushless, it really goes like stink It's not too tough an upgrade from an ABC, though I think your first flights may be as knee-knocking as mine were!
Old 01-29-2006, 06:37 PM
eckace1

i agree with the dandy sport very aesy build! but yuo need to cover it if that bothers you try the slow stick easy build and no covering. both are geard towards newbies but the dandy is a 4 channel plane. the dandy was my second plane and after overcoming the fear of flying an ailerone plane ive never looked back . its not as hard as some might suggest.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:56 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Banzai10

I agree with REDGIKI. Take a look at the Parzone Stryker. It's a great airplane for someone with some experience.

It takes a lot of abuse and it is very easy to fix along with inexpensive parts replacements. Later on, when you get "tired" of it, you can move to brushless motors with li-po batteries and it opens a whole new world of excitement.

For $70 you can buy the airframe only and use your own electronics if you don't want/need the Parzone equipment. Not a bad deal.