Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Eflite P-47

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 09:18 PM
lthibault

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eflite P-47

Here's how I modified the canopy. Just removed a slice of foam and epoxy the end of a popsicle stick. Painted it and voila!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm35090.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	515621   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95528.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	515622  
Old 08-29-2006, 09:23 PM
lthibault

I have both foam and balsa-built airplanes. The E-flight P47 will last long if you take a little bit of time to reinforce and improve it:

-Put epoxy around the motor stick, the control horns

-For the canopy hatch, I've put the end of a popsicle stick under the foam (very short piece, about half-inch), expoxy it and paint it. So I don't need to scratch the canopy edges when I remove it

-Landing gear: also need reinforcement, put epoxy and possibly a little bit of balsa

-Bomb supports: epoxy them and remove the bombs if you land on grass.

-I've decided to use Dubro plastic hinges on ailerons, stab and rudder

-Nice touchup is to paint the white foam between moving parts to match with the yellow and black colors

-Cowling: I've painted over the yellow and black squares, they loose color easily

-Too bad the tailwheel is not steerable. That might be my next improvement.

Part are available and not too expensive.

Enjoy!
Old 09-15-2006, 10:11 PM
lthibault

Finally decided to make more improvements:

-Blocks of covered balsa around the landing gear rods
-Tail wheel instead of stock fixed one.

Will paint later when epoxy is dry. I've used 30 min. epoxy and toothpicks to fix the tailwheel base. Should be strong and very practical on the runway!

Name:	Jh16681.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	524707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av70042.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	524708   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26617.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	524709   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kd90003.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	524710  
Old 09-15-2006, 10:56 PM
lthibault

Time to paint! Here's how the finished project look like. This will be a nice feature on this little warbird.

Name:	Ca82877.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	524740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35020.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	524741  
Old 09-21-2006, 04:56 PM
sokrdz

hi everybody i really like this plane and i am considering to buy it. iwas wondering if i have enough experience under my belt to fly it. i have a sdm piper cub, a gws tiger moth, and a firebird freedom. i am wondering if that is enough expiernce to fly this plane thanks.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:14 PM
lthibault

ORIGINAL: sokrdz

hi everybody i really like this plane and i am considering to buy it. iwas wondering if i have enough experience under my belt to fly it. i have a sdm piper cub, a gws tiger moth, and a firebird freedom. i am wondering if that is enough expiernce to fly this plane thanks.
Very difficult to answer! Only you can judge. This plane is very stable and flies on rails! The landing is also easy to do. The look is awesome and the price, ridiculous. Of course you'll want to upgrade it to a brushless power house.

Did I say that I like this product?

Check out this site, there's a P-47 configured with a 4 blade vario prop, very nice scale look but...don't try this prop on any brushless engine, it will fry your motor in no time flat!:

[link=http://www.e-flightline.com/index.html]http://www.e-flightline.com/index.html[/link]
Old 10-24-2006, 06:05 AM
walts

Hi guy's,
Here is a couple of pic's of my eflite P47 It's been flying for some 8 months now in it's bog standard form with the supplied brushed motor and a 3 cell 2100mah Lipo. I never fitted the u/c as i fly off of rough grass strips but i did give the belly a coat of epoxy to prolong its life.. The first flight was with the bombs on and it flew extremely well but lost the bombs on the first belly landing
I had never flown anything this small before and was worried about it being twitchy, but this was proven to be unfounded and it is one of the most docile models I've ever flown. On calm days it is capable of nice big loops and slow rolls, and can fly inverted circuits with ease but you do need to keep a fair bit of forward stick in, especially in the turns. I don't try and do anything silly with mine just nice big scale maneuver's and it looks great in flight and has impressed everyone that has seen it fly!
I'd say if you have flown a low wing model this will present no problems at all, go for it!!!

Walts
Old 10-24-2006, 06:47 AM
drunkenbushman

Looks like a very beautiful model.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:01 PM
NitroEddie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's keep this one alive (unless there is another E-Flite Jug thread I'm not aware of).

Just maidened my Jug today. 450 brushless outrunner (890kv), 3S 2100 LiPo, etc. Good power, flys like a dream. Reinforced the landing gear and bomb mounts with some epoxy. Gear seemed a little flimsy to me. Definately didn't look like it would put up with too many less-than-perfect landings. Plane is set up with optional rudder. I despise the S75 servos. They don't seem to recenter very well at all, especially the servo I have doing rudder duties. What servo is a popular upgrade to the S75 junkers?
Old 12-04-2006, 03:36 AM
netdudeuk

Easy. Hitec HS55s !
Old 12-23-2006, 01:09 AM
kyle t

hi guys! im thinking of getting one of these, i was just wondering if anyone had an idea with what the highest powerd, ((on the cheaper end)), set up was?..............my wife gives me a small budget for RC!
Old 01-02-2007, 07:43 PM
kyle t

ok, i actually just bought one! it is stunning to stare at, cause of the realism! if it flys, how it looks.......im in for one sweet plane!!
Old 01-03-2007, 12:47 AM
gunracer

kyle,

you'll really like this model as she flys as good as she looks...as to power setups, i go back and forth between a brushed and brushless setup...the brushed 480 motor provides decent power and the model will perform all aerobatic manuevers (including outside loops)...
my bl setup (e-flite 6 series 2700 kv bl inrunner) provides insane power (400+ watts) but is hard the batts (36+ amps) and hard on the airframe...
Old 01-03-2007, 07:38 AM
lthibault

I use a Park 480 E-flite brushless motor. It's easy to install and provides lots of power.

You'll enjoy this plane, it's an incredible bargain, also parts are very easy to order.

Have fun!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:24 PM
kyle t

ok, i think ill try the brushless set up..
does anyone have any experiance with the stock motor? in my experiance, stock means it can barly fly and likes to crash itself.......not that i crash....... just thats what happens to other people!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:07 PM
divergoff

I have the Jug w/ the stock motor. It's OK... It can fly and well but does not have the power to do much more than just fly around. Still loads of fun don't get me wrong, but I barley have enough power to get the plane verticle, once you do it stalls and only climbs a foot or two. The coolest thing that you can do witht the plane on the stock setup is spin it, and you have to work for that. I would reccomend the brushless upgrade. I may eventually upgrade mine to brushless, but for now will keep it as a lazy flyer.
Now I have a question. The stock prop does not seem to have the bite I want, what other prop would work with the stock motor and 20amp esc would work that would have more power?
Old 01-03-2007, 11:30 PM
kyle t

hey divergoff!

did you use the stock e-flite set up, the one that is located on their web site?
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Re...ed+Motor+Setup

i havnt found anything on an upgraded prop.....but if there is one, i want to know!!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:12 PM
divergoff

Yup, But I also used the NIMH batteries shown, I sure that the lipos would be better but when I bough the plane I didn't have enough $$ to get them.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:49 PM
[email protected]

I maidened this weekend with the stock motor and setup. I am using a 2100 3S Li-Poly battery and I thought it had lots of power. I did have a hard landing with it since the wind picked up while I was flying. Foamies are so easy to fix and get back flying. I like it and it looks great. I must admit that I have been flying the Super Cub from HobbyZone. It is different handling than my Super Cub. It sure looks great when flying though.

John
Old 01-17-2007, 11:13 AM
lthibault

Great to hear. This model is much better than the J3-Cub. Make sure that you put enough weight in the nose to reach the CG.

Mine has a small glitch: the plastic part that is hiding one of the ailerons servos don't stick well so there's a little bit of air flowing inside, which make the plane wobble a little bit while flying. If I had to redo this kit I would make those plastic pieces stick deep inside the wings.

But still it flies so well. Nothing better when you're short of time and you want to make that quick run at the local park. I have 4 Lipo packs on hand so I can spend quite a bit of time there.

If you like you can make a few little improvements that will pay on the long term: reinforcement of the landing gear, steerable tailwheel.

Enjoy!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:28 PM
kyle t

hey, thats good to know! i think ill just use a little extra CA on the plastic part. have you ever flown the parkzone stryker 27, are they comparrable at all? and does not having the rudder mess up the over all flight characteristics?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:12 AM
lthibault

No, unfortunately I've tried other PZ products (J3 Cub, Decathlon) but never this one. Having tried several types of warbirds (P-51, P-40, P-47) this one flies on rails. Mine has the Park480 Brushless motor and it's helping a lot! Vertical is nice, all acrobatic figures can be performed flawlessly.

I strongly recommend to use the rudder on the Eflite P-47, you will make elegant and efficient turns!

For more information on improvements and photos:

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=4687203[/link]
Old 01-23-2007, 12:05 AM
odiemac

I maidened my P-47 today, and found it to be predictable, even at low speeds. However, my elevator trim was off, and flying with back pressure on the stick was pretty nerve racking.

This is the first ARF I've put together, and I put a Park 480 brushless with a 3S 2100MAh in it. Given my limited building skills, I'm a little surprised it flies at all!

I can't seem to get the CG to the marks on the plane, even after putting the battery all the way forward and using all the included weight in the nose. Where is your guy's CG's?
Old 01-23-2007, 07:09 AM
lthibault

The CG round marks are on top of the wing. I use the Great Planes CG machine, put the plane upside down and align the marks with the CG machine arms. I have the exact same setup as you and I had to put 2-3 pieces of lead in the nose, close to the cowling, to reach CG. Plane flies very well and lands smoothly.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:40 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Something else you can do to help move the weight forward to get the CG right, without adding more weight. Carve out the battery tunnel so the pack can slide forward more. On mine it's wires are the only thing visible when it's installed. And mine needed no weight to balance. Oh and I do run a TP3S2100 pack in mine.
Runs a Tower Pro 2410-9Y brushless, spins a 9x7 four blade.

Name:	Pn37301.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	604831  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.