Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Fixing up a Capitol Flyer

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Ashmanarion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixing up a Capitol Flyer

I just picked up a Megatech Skyliner and Capitol Flyer(RTF) from a Hungate's that was closing. Both of the models were just that, the body as comes in box. They came with no transmitters nor battery packs. I got both of them for 30 bucks though, which is why I decided to get them. Now knowing alot of people don't like Megatech, I still would like to know a couple things.

The Capitol Flyer has a bad wing and tail stabilizer(I would just call it the tail but I'm new to RC planes). Is it worth trying to repair this plane and where could I get the parts? Mainly I need a new wing, new tail, and a transmitter. About the transmitter, how would I know what channel to get?

Also, would anybody have some good links for information on these planes? It's a bit tough to get some info. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:30 PM
red91sit
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fixing up a Capitol Flyer

You can buy the stabilizer and wing from Tower Hobbies,

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0091p?&C=ATF&V=MTC]Stabilizer[/link]

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0091p?&C=ATA&V=MTC]Wing[/link]

I've always had great results dealing with this company.

For the radio, I dont' think it has a receiver so you can run any channel you would like, if it does have a reciever there will be a crystal (little metal peice with a sticker on it) sticking out. The numbers on this will tell you what channel transmitter you will need.