Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Battery question

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 08:21 PM
radler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery question

I want to switch out a 8 cell 600 mah nicad and put in a 3 cell 11.1 volt 1050 mah li-po pack ( because I have it already). Is that possible or do I need to use a smaller pack? The 2 nicad packs I have need to be replaced and I would rather go with li-po if possible? Can anyone advise? Thanks
Old 01-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

Default RE: Battery question

Radler, I think we all need to know what you are using these on some specs would help and to know if you equiptment is lipo compatible.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:28 PM
radler

Catfish- Sorry,I haven't gotten back sooner. We're talking about a Hobby Lobby Wingo with standard equipment as recommended by Hobby Lobby. I don't have particulars as the Wingo has been discontinued. It is however a direct drive motor with a Jeti JES 110 speed control. I just checked The Hobby Lobby catalog (also seems discontinued).the covering is red, not blue if that helps as to what category speed control. The motor maybe is a speed 280, certainly no more than a speed 400. If you can help- Thanks, Rick
Old 01-31-2006, 09:56 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

Radler, I don't know that ESC but do some research and make sure it is lipo compatible and if you are using the 3s lipo make sure you set the esc at 9 LVC. As far as weight you will be fine. You make have to prop down some because you are going up in voltage, from the 9.6 to 11.1 I'm sure someone else will chime in here soon with experience on that bird or the esc. I would suggest if you don't have one get a watts up or astro meter. It will tell you what amps, volts etc. that you are pulling. I know I have a speed 400 that I use the 3s2100 lipo and it is fine with the right LVC. If you can post again with the prop you are using. It would help to know the exact motor, but in general if the esc is lipo compatible and you use the right prop it should be fine. Sorry I could not give an exact answer, but the area is gray without knowing what the esc can do and what motor you have. BG
Old 02-03-2006, 09:23 PM
radler

CF- Long story short- I think I'll stay with a nicad. On the phone with Hobby Lobby they said I would either need a 2c or 3c - that would make 7.4v or 11.1v. Too low or too high. Also, I was told the older speed controls are not lipo compatable. So therefore...
Thanks for your help and input. Rick